Save on admission to the top New York City attractions
Some attractions require reservations or have limited operating hours and days; see the CityPASS Travel Guide for details.
- Feel the splendor of Lady Liberty as you walk in the shadow cast by her 151-foot tall figure.
- Learn about the experience of over 12 million immigrants who entered the United States through the now quiet halls of the Ellis Island Immigration Museum.
- Explore the grounds of Liberty and Ellis Islands and enjoy an audio tour for both islands.
- Get a deeper understanding of Lady Liberty’s history and what she stands for at the Statue of Liberty Museum, with its vast collection of historic and cultural artifacts.
FERRY ACCESS TO STATUE OF LIBERTY AND ELLIS ISLAND
New York, NY 10004
Liberty State Park
Jersey City, NJ 07305
The Battery Park ticket office is located inside Castle Clinton.
The ticketing area at Liberty State Park is located by the historic Central Railroad of New Jersey Terminal near the water.
Pedestal Access: Pedestal access is not included; however, a limited number of pedestal passes will be available each day at no additional charge on a first-come, first-served basis from the Statue Cruises ticket office. Alternatively, you can purchase a reserve ticket with pedestal access directly from cityexperiences.com or by phone at (201) 604-2800. Read more about Pedestal Access here.
Crown Ticket: Crown access is not included and is only available directly from Statue Cruises by advance reservation; visit cityexperiences.com or call (201) 604-2800. Crown Tickets often sell out well in advance. The climb to the crown is strenuous; there are 393 steps from the main lobby to the crown and there is no air conditioning. There is a maximum of four crown reservations allowed per order. Visitors must be at least 4 feet (1.2 meters) tall to visit the crown. Read more about Crown Tickets here.
Advice for Visitors
- Minors (17 and under) must be accompanied by an adult age 18 or older to board the ferry.
- Allow at least 2 hours to visit one island and 5 hours to visit both islands.
- Expect to pass through airport-level security prior to boarding the ferry. Normal wait time to enter the screening facility is generally 30 minutes or more at Battery Park (NY) and 15 minutes at Liberty State Park (NJ). Wait times are less during autumn and winter months.
- Guests who depart after 2pm will only be able to visit either Liberty Island or Ellis Island because there will not be time to visit both landmarks.
- Note that the box office closes 15 minutes prior to the last departure. If sailing on the last departure, please arrive 45 minutes early to allow for time to obtain your boarding ticket before the box office closes.
- Statue City Cruises ferries cannot accommodate luggage; please find storage for your luggage prior to your departure.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here. For more information on getting to the ferry, click here.
- Dining: Snack bars are available on all boats. Liberty Island has multiple food options. You may bring a picnic lunch, but large coolers are not allowed past security and no food or beverages are allowed within the Statue of Liberty.
- Gift Shops: Souvenirs available for purchase.
- Statue City Cruises has safety protocols in place to ensure a safe environment for its guests and staff; learn more on their website.
Best time to visit: Avoid longer wait times by arriving at Battery Park before 10am or boarding from Liberty State Park, in New Jersey.
Accessibility: All vessels and facilities are wheelchair accessible.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.