Save on admission to the top New York City attractions
Some attractions require reservations or have limited operating hours and days; see the CityPASS Travel Guide for details.
- Walk through the newly-designed entrance and take in the grand staircase featuring a two-story, built-to-scale architectural model of the building, PLUS get a glimpse of the high-tech LED exhibit that celebrates lighting ceremonies performed by famous celebrity guests.
- NEWLY OPENED 2nd FLOOR MUSEUM! Don't miss the immersive exhibit galleries on the second floor. See the New York City streets of the late 1920s come to life in full color as the construction of the Empire State Building begins, and watch hot rivets and steel beams fly overhead; learn about both original and modern Otis elevators that power 4 million visitors’ trip to the top each year; see highlights of ESB’s starring role in pop culture through the decades, as well as images and signed memorabilia from some of the most famous visitors; experience a close encounter with King Kong (you can even step into his hands!), and more.
- Take in panoramic views of up to six states from the 86th floor’s 360-degree open-air promenade, heated for comfort, or from climate-controlled viewing galleries; high-powered binoculars are available free of charge.
- Look out on New York City from 1,050 feet above the bustling streets below and experience one-of-a-kind views of Central Park, The Hudson River and East River, The Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, The Statue of Liberty, and much more.
- Enjoy the revamped 80th floor; plan your custom NYC itinerary on NYCGo’s Above and Beyond interactive exhibit and browse exciting artistic exhibits.
- Choose from eight in-building dining options, offering food and drink for every appetite and occasion.
- Round out your Empire State Building experience exiting via the historic and iconic Art Deco lobby on 5th Avenue.
EMPIRE STATE BUILDING
20 West 34th Street
New York, NY 10118
Through Apr 30: 1pm-10pm
Last elevator leaves 45 minutes before close.
Special holiday hours may apply.
15% off Your Purchase: 15% off at Showtime Pictures and The Official Empire State Building Store.
Express Pass: Get to the top faster with an Express Pass! Purchase from an official Empire State Building employee at the onsite ticket office on the day of arrival to move to the front of each line. Cost for CityPASS guests: $33. Please note: Street sales agents outside of the building are not employed by the Empire State Building Observatory and are not authorized to sell Express upgrades.
102nd Floor Observatory: Venture up the Empire State Building’s mast in a glass elevator as you approach the newly-renovated 102nd Floor Observation Deck, featuring 360-degree views through floor-to-ceiling glass windows. Purchase onsite from 86th floor kiosks. Cost for CityPASS guests: $33+tax.
Advice for Visitors
- During busy times, you may encounter a line outside the front door. For comfort and security, there’s a limit on the number of people waiting inside at one time. Once inside, you may skip the regular Empire State Building ticket lines and proceed directly to the high speed elevator line.
- Visitors to the observatory can enjoy free wifi onsite.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: Starbucks, Sushi-Teria
Accessibility: The Empire State Building is fully ADA compliant, with handicapped restrooms on the 86th Floor Observatory and lowered viewing walls and binoculars. Service dogs are allowed throughout the building. Motorized and non-motorized wheelchairs are permitted. The 86th floor has ramps to make getting around easier and lowered viewing walls so that visitors in chairs can still take in the view.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for directions.