Save on admission to the top New York City attractions
- Get an up-close look at one of the most varied aircraft collections on the east coast, representing all five of the U.S. armed forces.
- Climb in an actual Bell 47 helicopter, navigate through an interactive submarine and steer the wings of an airplane in The Exploreum.
- See the Concorde Alpha Delta G-BOAD, which crossed the Atlantic in 2 hours, 52 minutes and 59 seconds—the fastest crossing ever.
- Go inside the American guided missile submarine Growler which offers museum visitors a firsthand look at life aboard a submarine and a close-up inspection of the once "top-secret" missile command center.
- Explore original artifacts, photographs, audio, and films that immerse visitors in the science and history of Enterprise and the space shuttle era in the Space Shuttle Pavilion.
INTREPID SEA, AIR & SPACE MUSEUM
Pier 86, W. 46th Street and 12th Avenue
New York, NY 10036-4103
Nov 1-Mar 31: Open daily 10am-5pm
Apr 1- Oct 31: Mon-Fri, 10am-5pm; Sat-Sun 10am-6pm; Holidays: 10am-6pm
Last entry one hour prior to close.
Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Guided Tours : Enhance your trip with a professional tour of the ship. With so much to see their experienced tour guides will make your trip to Intrepid the most adventurous, inspiring and educational! Available tours include:
- Space Shuttle Enterprise: On this tour of Intrepid’s Space Shuttle Pavilion, we get up-close and in depth with Enterprise, the first space shuttle and one of only four in existence. (60 minutes)
- Concorde: Explore the cabin and flight deck of the world’s fastest jet airliner! (60 minutes)
- Pacific War: Join the gallant crew of the USS Intrepid as they fight across the Pacific Ocean during WWII. (100 minutes)
- Intrepid 101: This tour highlights the history of USS Intrepid from 1943 to 1974 and beyond. (60 minutes)
Flight Simulators : Experience all Intrepid has to offer with our virtual flight zone. Visitors can immerse themselves in the 4D Motion Ride XD Theater where you will transcend time, space and imagination. Available Flight Simulators include:
- Transporter FX: Rock, pitch and jolt your way through six minutes of sensory overload. (Riders must be at least 38" tall.)
- G-Force Encounter: Climb into the cockpit, and fly your very own aircraft with 360 degrees of movement. (Riders must be at least 48" tall.)
- XD Theater: Experience 4D simulation, high definition sound and unmatched speed. (Riders must be at least 38" tall.)
Souvenir Photos : Sharpshooter Imaging provides souvenir photography and products to Museum guests. Using chroma key technology, guests have the opportunity to pose in front of a blue screen located near the entrance of the submarine Growler and in the Space Shuttle Pavilion. Upon exiting the exhibits, guests will be able to see their finished images in sea, air and space themed settings.
Advice for Visitors
- Unlock facts, behind-the-scenes videos and augmented reality experiences in the Space Shuttle Pavilion with the iPhone app Mission Intrepid: Explore Enterprise; see details.
- Be sure to talk to the volunteers—many served aboard Intrepid or on other Navy ships.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: Café
- Gift Shops: Museum Store
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Best Time to Visit: Arrive in the morning to ensure you have enough time to explore the whole museum.
Groups: Groups of 15 or more: Call (646) 381-5010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility: Because of the Intrepid’s status as a National Historic Landmark, most of the Museum is fully accessible by wheelchair. Areas that are not accessible by wheelchair include the fo’c’sle, combat information center, submarine Growler and Concorde. All restrooms and dining areas are fully accessible, as well as the flight deck, hangar deck and mess deck. The Museum does not have wheelchairs available for public use. Lightweight stools are available to borrow from the Information Desk. For more information about accessibility, please click here or contact the museum at email@example.com or 646-381-5158.