Save on admission to the top New York City attractions
- The Met looks forward to welcoming you! At The Met, 5,000 years of art comes alive to reveal new ideas and connections across cultures. Experience the grandeur of the Great Hall, The Met’s majestic main entry, and explore the Museum’s unparalleled collection, comprising more than two million works of art in areas such as modern and contemporary art, European paintings, Asian art, arms and armor, photographs, American art, and more.
THE METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART
1000 Fifth Ave. at 82nd St.
New York, NY 10028
$15 off Your Purchase: Get $15 off a purchase of $75 or more at The Met Store.
Advice for Visitors
- The Met is pay-as-you-wish for New York State residents and students from New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut; visitors from outside New York are required to pay a fixed admission fee. Admission for children under 12 is free.
- Coat-check facilities are not available at this time. Be advised that large bags, luggage, and musical instruments are not permitted in the Museum.
- You can download maps and Audio Guides in advance of visiting the Museum (printed materials are currently unavailable).
- Find tips for fun family time at MuseumKids.
- While tours and events are currently unavailable, you can enjoy virtual events and virtual guided tours.
- CityPASS tickets and C3 tickets include admission to The Met Fifth Avenue as well as admission to The Met Cloisters, the Museum’s branch in northern Manhattan dedicated to the art, architecture, and gardens of medieval Europe. For more information about both locations, visit metmuseum.org. Visit the two locations on the same day in any order you wish.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: Select dining locations are open for service. Visit The Met's Food and Drink page for the most up to date dining information. Outside food and drink (other than water) is not permitted. Visitors are encouraged to bring water in plastic and secure bottles into the Museum. Water fountains are not available at this time.
- Gift Shops: The Met Store
- The Met has safety protocols in place to ensure a safe environment for its guests and staff; learn more on their website.
Accessibility: A limited number of wheelchairs are available for use.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.