Save on admission to the top New York City attractions
- Experience the grandeur of the Great Hall, the majestic main entry of The Met.
- Take your time as you explore The Met’s incredible collections, comprising more than two million works of art in areas such as Modern Art, European Paintings, Asian Art, Arms and Armor, Photographs, American Art and more.
THE METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART
1000 Fifth Ave. at 82nd St.
New York, NY 10028
Galleries are cleared fifteen minutes before closing.
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Year's Day and the first Monday in May.
For hours and locations of The Met Breuer and The Met Cloisters, visit metmuseum.org.
Advice for Visitors
- The Met is pay-as-you-wish for New York State residents and students from New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut; visitors from outside New York are required to pay a fixed admission fee. Admission for children under 12 is free.
- All backpacks and packages must be checked in at the coat-check facilities. Avoid waiting in lines by leaving backpacks and packages at home.
- Free public guided tours of the Museum’s collection are offered throughout the week in 10 different languages. For the full schedule, visit the Museum’s website.
- Download the free Met app, the easiest way to see what's happening at The Met every day, wherever you are. Available for iPhone and Android.
- Find tips for fun family time at MuseumKids.
- CityPASS tickets and C3 tickets include admission to The Met Fifth Avenue as well as admission to The Met Breuer, home to The Met's modern and contemporary art program, and The Met Cloisters, dedicated to the art, architecture, and gardens of medieval Europe. For more information about these locations, visit metmuseum.org. Visit any of the three locations in any order you wish.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: The Cafeteria, The Dining Room, Petrie Court Café, Balcony Bar & Café, The American Wing Café, live music Friday & Saturday evenings
- Gift Shops: The Met Store
Accessibility: Wheelchairs are available at coat check.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 10 or more: Call (215) 570-3711 or email Mettours@metmuseum.org . School groups email email email@example.com. Group leader should call or email at least one day in advance to make a reservation.