Save on admission to the top San Francisco attractions
Notice to CityPASS Travelers
To learn about temporary attraction closures, product expiration and validity, our return policy, and how to contact us, please visit our Support Center. Our thoughts are with our customers and friends around the world during these difficult times. We hope you are looking forward to future travels as much as we are. If you’d like to be notified when the majority of attractions have reopened, please sign up here.
- Enjoy breathtaking views of city and bay as you investigate the environment in the spectacular glass-and-steel Bay Observatory.
- Get hands-on with open tinkering, building, and making activities in our expanded Tinkering Studio.
- Explore the environment with artworks, installations, and exhibits in the Outdoor Gallery.
- Find out how we interpret our surroundings and interact with one another in the West Gallery.
- Experiment with the sights, sounds, and experiences of perception in the Central Gallery.
- Examine life at different scales—from tiny microbes to the interconnected ecosystems of the bay—in the East Gallery.
- Watch as exhibits are being created in the open-to-view Machine Shop.
San Francisco, CA 94111
Open Thursday evenings 6pm-10pm for ages 18+ only; cash bar.
Closed most Mondays, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Special Monday holiday hours may apply; see website for details.
Closed May 1, 2020.
Tactile Dome: Crawl, slide, and bump your way through a pitch-black adventure in the Tactile Dome. Call (415) 528-4362 for reservations or purchase a ticket upon arrival at the Buy Ticket line. Cost for CityPASS holders: $15. The Dome is not recommended for persons with neck, back, or knee injuries; claustrophobia; fear of the dark; or women in their last trimester of pregnancy. Youth must be at least 7 years old to participate. The Dome is an active experience so dress accordingly.
Advice for Visitors
- Get hands-on and make something in the Tinkering Studio.
- Adults (18+) don't miss Exploratorium After Dark, an evening series that mixes cocktails (cash bar) and conversation with innovative science and art events; first Thursday of each month, 6-10pm.
- Become part of the experiment with Sound Uncovered and Color Uncovered, two interactive books from the Exploratorium, available for free from the iTunes App Store.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: The Seaglass Restaurant, Seismic Joint Café
- Gift Shops: Exploratorium Stores
Best time to visit: Lines tend to be shorter on weekday afternoons and Wednesday evenings.
Accessibility: Exhibition spaces, store, café, and all public restrooms wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs available for no charge. Service animals welcome.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 10 or more: Call (415) 528-4444.