Save on admission to the top San Francisco attractions
San Francisco attractions are operating at reduced capacity and may be sold out or require a wait for the next available entry; visit the CityPASS Travel Guide for more details.
- Investigate forces shaping the City, Bay, and region in the spacious Outdoor Gallery. Walk on a fog bridge, watch shifting winds and tides, reveal hidden life, observe human behavior, and find new ways to notice the places we inhabit.
- Humans think, feel, and interact, and these phenomena are all open to scientific investigation and creative exploration. Explore the West Gallery, where you and others are the exhibits—play with social interactions, observe others, and contribute your reflections.
- Experiment with light, mind-bending mirrors, bubbles, and more in the expansive Central Gallery.
- Examine life at different scales—from tiny microbes to the interconnected ecosystems of the Bay—in the East Gallery.
- Experiment with the sights, sounds, and experiences of perception in the Central Gallery.
- Examine life at different scales—from tiny microbes to the interconnected ecosystems of the bay—in the East Gallery.
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the City and Bay as you investigate the geography, history, and ecology of the region in the spectacular glass-and-steel Bay Observatory.
- Investigate mechanical contraptions and explore your creativity with the Tinkering Studio.
- Don't miss the beating heart of the Exploratorium, the Exploratorium exhibit shop—it's open to the museum, so you can see what we're up to. Get a closer look at the place where our exhibits are dreamed up, prototyped, tested, fiddled with, tested some more, and eventually built and maintained, and see what it's like to work a day in the shop.
San Francisco, CA 94111
Fri-Sat, 10am-5pm; Sun, 12-5pm
Thu, 6-10pm (Ages 18+)
Closed most Mondays, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Special Monday holiday hours may apply; see website for details.
Advice for Visitors
- Adults (18+) don't miss Exploratorium After Dark, an evening series that mixes conversation with innovative science and art events; Every Thursday, 6-10pm.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: Food and beverages are available on-site, and must be consumed in designated areas.
- Gift Shops: Exploratorium Stores
Best time to visit: Lines tend to be shorter on weekday afternoons and Wednesday evenings.
Accessibility: Exhibition spaces, store, café, and all public restrooms wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs available for no charge. Service animals welcome.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Group visits are currently unavailable.