Save on admission to the top San Francisco attractions
- See Claude, the beloved albino alligator, sitting on his rock in the Swamp exhibit.
- Don’t miss the colony of African Penguin as they waddle, splash, and socialize with each other.
- Experience Northern California's natural wonders hands-on in Giants of Land and Sea. Guests feel their way through an immersive fog room, try to hold their balance in an earthquake room, virtually climb the top of a towering redwood tree, and examine several native specimens and fossils.
- Learn how scientists are studying venom to harness compounds that could hold the key to curing human disease in our newest exhibit, Venom: Fangs, Stingrays and Spines.
CALIFORNIA ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
Golden Gate Park
55 Music Concourse Dr.
San Francisco, CA 94118
Open 365 days a year. Holiday hours may apply on Thanksgiving and/or Christmas Day; please check website before visiting.
VIP Tours for Ages 3+: Purchase on day of visit, or book online. Cost for CityPASS guests: Ages 8+, 24.95 (subject to availability). Information subject to change.
15% off Your Purchase: 15% off your purchase in all Academy stores. Only valid for in-store purchases and is not redeemable through online store.
Night Life: Every Thursday night, music, creatures and cocktails come together for NightLife at the California Academy of Sciences. Each week features a live band or DJ, and a unique theme – from salsa dancing to sustainable seafood and beyond. For ages 21+. Price varies. Information subject to change.
Advice for Visitors
- Upon arrival, be sure to reserve your time for the Planetarium.
- The free Academy Insider iPhone App is a great way to enhance and plan for your visit; details and download.
- Dining: Academy Café, The Terrace
- Gift Shops: Academy Store, Lab Jr.
- California Academy of Sciences has safety protocols in place to ensure a safe environment for its guests and staff; learn more on their website.
Best time to visit: Weekdays are less crowded than weekends.
Accessibility: Wheelchairs and assistive listening devices upon request. Service animals allowed.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.