Save on admission to the top San Francisco attractions
- Enjoy breathtaking views of city and bay as you investigate the environment in the spectacular glass-and-steel Bay Observatory.
- Get hands-on with open tinkering, building, and making activities in our expanded Tinkering Studio.
- Explore the environment with artworks, installations, and exhibits in the Outdoor Gallery.
- Find out how we interpret our surroundings and interact with one another in the West Gallery.
- Experiment with the sights, sounds, and experiences of perception in the Central Gallery.
- Examine life at different scales—from tiny microbes to the interconnected ecosystems of the bay—in the East Gallery.
- Watch as exhibits are being created in the open-to-view Machine Shop.
San Francisco, CA 94111
Open Thursday evenings 6pm-10pm for ages 18+ only; cash bar.
Closed most Mondays, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Special Monday holiday hours may apply; see website for details.
Closed May 1, 2020.
Tactile Dome: Crawl, slide, and bump your way through a pitch-black adventure in the Tactile Dome. Call (415) 528-4362 for reservations or purchase a ticket upon arrival at the Buy Ticket line. Cost for CityPASS holders: $15. The Dome is not recommended for persons with neck, back, or knee injuries; claustrophobia; fear of the dark; or women in their last trimester of pregnancy. Youth must be at least 7 years old to participate. The Dome is an active experience so dress accordingly.
Advice for Visitors
- Get hands-on and make something in the Tinkering Studio.
- Adults (18+) don't miss Exploratorium After Dark, an evening series that mixes cocktails (cash bar) and conversation with innovative science and art events; first Thursday of each month, 6-10pm.
- Become part of the experiment with Sound Uncovered and Color Uncovered, two interactive books from the Exploratorium, available for free from the iTunes App Store.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: The Seaglass Restaurant, Seismic Joint Café
- Gift Shops: Exploratorium Stores
Best time to visit: Lines tend to be shorter on weekday afternoons and Wednesday evenings.
Accessibility: Exhibition spaces, store, café, and all public restrooms wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs available for no charge. Service animals welcome.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 10 or more: Call (415) 528-4444.