Save on admission to the top Philadelphia attractions
Some attractions require reservations or have limited operating hours and days; see the CityPASS Travel Guide for details.
- Watch Amani and Ajabu, our toddler and infant western lowland gorillas, as they grow and explore PECO Primate Reserve.
- Come face to face with lions, tigers, leopards, pumas, and jaguars in KeyBank Big Cat Falls.
- Travel to the land of kangaroos and emus to explore the wonders from Down Under at the new Outback Outpost.
- Soar into the brand new Wings of Asia experience and hand-feed a flock of breathtakingly beautiful birds.
- Learn about many extraordinary and endangered animals from around the world at Philadelphia Zoo, among the region’s foremost wildlife conservation organizations.
3400 West Girard Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Fairmount Park, at 34th Street and Girard Avenue. On I-76, exit 342. In Philadelphia's historic Centennial District
Mar 1-Oct 31, 9:30am-5pm
Nov 1-Feb-28: 9:30am-4pm
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
Swan Boats: Youngsters can paddle their way around Bird Lake in the Zoo's swan boats, each one built for two to three people. Cost for CityPASS guests: ages 2+, $6.
Wings of Asia: Immerse yourself in a lush Asian garden filled with color, sound and spectacular birds. Species including Temminck’s tragopan, satyr tragopan, golden pheasant, spotted dove, white-crested laughingthrush and Eurasian blackbird will call this exotic landscape home.
Amazon Rainforest Carousel: The Zoo’s enchanting all-wooden, hand-carved and hand-painted carousel was the first of its kind in the United States featuring endangered species found within the Amazon Rainforest. Cost for CityPASS guests: ages 2+, $3.
Septa PZ Express Kiddie Train: The construction of the Zoo in the 1800s coincided with that of another fantastic invention, the transcontinental railroad. Today, our youngest visitors can share in the excitement of this grand Victorian accomplishment with a quaint ride on our very own PZ Express, a charming reminder of the Zoo's heritage. Cost for CityPASS guests: ages 2+, $3.
6abc Zooballoon: Soar 400 ft above the zoo to see stunning views of Fairmount Park. Cost for CityPASS guests: ages 2+, $10 weekdays/$15 weekends.
Advice for Visitors
- Some exhibits are available April through October only.
- Don't miss free zookeeper talks and training demonstrations; meeting times and locations found on the zoo map; see details.
- Throughout the year, the zoo hosts special public events, included with CityPASS admission; see details.
- Heads up! Animals at the Philadelphia Zoo are on the move like never before. With the new animal exploration trail experience called Zoo360, a campus-wide network of see-through mesh trails affords more opportunities for animals to roam around and above Zoo grounds.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: Tiger Terrace, 34th Street Market (seasonal), The Watering Hole (seasonal). Outdoor picnic areas; guests may bring their own food and drink.
- Gift Shops: multiple
Best time to visit: Animals are most active before 2pm.
Accessibility: Click here for information on accessibility.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.