Save on admission to the top Philadelphia attractions
Philadelphia CityPASS Attractions are Reopening!
Advance reservations are required at some attractions; learn more and plan your visit.
The safety of guests is a top priority for attractions; see visitor safety measures.
If you'd like to be notified when the majority of attractions have reopened, please sign up here
- Come face to face with a Tyrannosaurus Rex in the Dinosaur Hall!
- Be delighted by a lush, tropical garden filled with colorful plants and a multitude of live butterflies from Central and South America, East Africa, and Southeast Asia in Butterflies!
- Get up close to the Academy's reptiles and amphibians at our Reptile Tech Cart! See close up details through a high powered microscope, examine and touch snake skins, turtle shells, and more!
- Meet the furry, feathered, and scaly residents of the museum, and explore their behaviors, adaptations, and ecosystems. The museum's Live Animal Center supports over 100 individual animal ambassadors and several colonies of invertebrates.
ACADEMY OF NATURAL SCIENCES OF DREXEL UNIVERSITY
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Sat-Sun and holidays, 10am-5pm
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day.
Special Exhibits and Programming: Special exhibits and programming are available throughout the year. Please ask at the lobby desk for availability and admission.
Advice for Visitors
- When you arrive, please request a map/guide that has 3 itineraries and fun facts.
- Look for the daily activities signs for the special events that day, including live animal presentations and scientist talks.
- Try the free audio tour!
- You may leave belongings in the open coatroom (at your own risk). It's located opposite the entrance to the auditorium on the first level.
- There are engaging exhibits and activities that are fun for kids of all ages. Don't miss Dinosaur Hall, The Big Dig, and Butterflies!
- The Academy is great for young children. The Academy has a hands-on exhibit space perfect for children ages 3–8 and their adults. Outside In is a warm, welcoming place where inquisitive youngsters can investigate a forest, visit the seashore, see and touch live animals, and much more. Comfy seats allow caregivers to relax and help your child explore science—up close and hands-on.
- Please check ansp.org for special events and exhibits.
- Don’t be shy. Talk to any of the educators located throughout the museum. All are extremely knowledgeable about our natural world.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: Academy Café
- Gift Shops: Academy Shop
Best Time To Visit: Weekdays are usually less crowded than weekends. For a more quiet and relaxed visit, visit the Academy after 2pm.
Accessibility: Click here for information on accessibility.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.