Save on admission to the top Philadelphia attractions
Some attractions require reservations or have limited operating hours and days; see the CityPASS Travel Guide for details.
- Come face to face with a Tyrannosaurus Rex in the Dinosaur Hall!
- Be delighted by a lush, tropical garden filled with colorful plants and a multitude of live butterflies from Central and South America, East Africa, and Southeast Asia in Butterflies!
- Get up close to the Academy's reptiles and amphibians at our Reptile Tech Cart! See close up details through a high powered microscope, examine and touch snake skins, turtle shells, and more!
- Meet the furry, feathered, and scaly residents of the museum, and explore their behaviors, adaptations, and ecosystems. The museum's Live Animal Center supports over 100 individual animal ambassadors and several colonies of invertebrates.
- Shop till you drop! Academy Shop is open for unique gifts and fun toys.
ACADEMY OF NATURAL SCIENCES OF DREXEL UNIVERSITY
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day.
Special Exhibits and Programming: Special exhibits and programming are available throughout the year. Please ask at the lobby desk for information.
Permian Monsters: Life Before Dinosaurs: What did the world look like before the dinosaurs? Step back 290 million years to when bizarre-looking creatures dominated life on land and sea, and dinosaurs had not yet evolved. Included with CityPASS admission. Through January 17, 2022.
Advice for Visitors
- When you arrive, please request a map/guide that has 3 itineraries and fun facts.
- Try the free audio tour!
- You may leave belongings in the open coatroom (at your own risk). It's located opposite the entrance to the auditorium on the first level.
- There are engaging exhibits and activities that are fun for kids of all ages. Don't miss Dinosaur Hall!
- Please check ansp.org for special events and exhibits.
- Don’t be shy. Talk to any of the educators located throughout the museum. All are extremely knowledgeable about our natural world.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: Academy Café
- Gift Shops: Academy Shop
Best Time To Visit: Weekdays are usually less crowded than weekends. For a more quiet and relaxed visit, visit the Academy after 2pm.
Accessibility: Click here for information on accessibility.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.