Save 49% on premium admission to the top 5 Chicago attractions with CityPASS.
Adler Planetarium will fully reopen in March 2022 and will be one of the option attractions included in CityPASS.
- Experience the night sky over Chicago as it appeared in 1913 in the historic Atwood Sphere.
- Enjoy two sky shows, including the Adler’s premier show, Imagine the Moon.
- Follow the career of Captain James A. Lovell, Jr., commander of the Apollo 13 mission, learn the story of America's first steps to the Moon, and get up close to the Gemini 12 spacecraft in Mission Moon.
- Touch a piece of the Moon, Mars, Ceres and Vesta and feel a piece of an actual meteorite that crashed into the Earth in Exploring our Solar System.
Museum Campus Chicago
1300 South Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
Open daily, 9am-4pm
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Hours change occasionally. Check website for details.
10% off Your Purchase: Get 10% off your purchase at Cosmic Cafe.
10% off Your Purchase: Get 10% off your purchase at the Space Shop.
$5 off Adler After Dark: Adult CityPASS guests get $5 off on tickets (based on availability) to the Adler Planetarium's ages 21+ event from 6pm-10pm most 3rd Thursdays of every month.
Advice for Visitors
- Give yourself time to see multiple shows; see details. Book your first two shows upon entry, and return to the box office to book additional shows.
- Stop by the Space Visualization Laboratory to speak directly with an expert and get answers to all your questions about space; daily 12-1pm and 2-3pm.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: Cosmic Cafe
- Gift Shop: Adler Store
Accessibility: Museum and theaters fully accessible. Wheelchairs available upon request. Family restroom located near the South Entrance (street level).
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.