Save 54% on VIP admission to the top 5 Chicago attractions with CityPASS.
- Spend time in Science Storms with a 40-foot tornado, 20-foot Tesla Coil, and 30-foot avalanche disc
- Walk through a real United 727, climb aboard the engine of the Empire State Express, the first machine to break the 100 mph, and gaze in awe at historic aircraft flying above you in the Transportation Gallery.
- Sea Earth’s atmosphere, the flow of ocean currents, changing cloud cover and the geophysical forces that shape our planet in near real-time in Earth Revealed.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy a scientific adventure in Chicago's only five-story, domed, wrap-around theater.
- Experience the fast action of a Motion Simulator Ride, included with CityPASS.
MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND INDUSTRY
57th Street and Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60637
Just minutes from downtown Chicago.
GPS address: 5700 S. Lake Shore Dr., Chicago, IL 60637
Open daily, 9:30am-4pm
Extended hours on select dates. Call or visit website to verify hours.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
(800) 468-6674 (GO-TO-MSI)
Motion Simulator Ride: CityPASS includes a fast action Motion Simulator Ride (reserve upon arrival).
MSI Theater: CityPASS includes a film in Chicago's only five-story, domed, wrap-around theater (reserve upon arrival).
U-505 Submarine Onboard Tour: Cost for CityPASS holders: adult $12, child (3-11) $9.
Discount: 10% off any purchase in the gift stores and eateries, and10% off any photo purchase in the U-505 exhibit or Yesterday's Main Street; see booklet for details.
Advice for Visitors
- Reserve your timed-entry ticket for your special experience (MSI Theater film, Coal Mine, or special exhibit) and Motion Simulator Ride upon arrival, as they can fill up quickly.
- The best time to see baby chicks hatching is in the afternoon.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: The Brain Food Court, Museum Café, Finnigan's Ice Cream Parlor
- Gift Shops: Museum Store, Shop Earth, Museum Photo Studio.
Best time to visit: Mondays are the least-crowded.
Accessibility: Museum and MSI Theater are fully accessible. Elevators available. Wheelchairs available in Entry Hall and at Space Center entrance.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 15 or more: Call (773) 684-1414 ahead of arrival.