Save 49% on premium admission to the top 5 Chicago attractions with CityPASS.
Chicago CityPASS Attractions are Reopening!
View the latest attraction schedule updates and visitor safety measures.
While Adler Planetarium remains closed, CityPASS guests may visit two of the three open option attractions: Art Institute of Chicago, Museum of Science and Industry, and 360 CHICAGO Observation Deck.
Advance reservations are required at some attractions; visit the CityPASS Travel Guide to learn more.
- Spend time in Science Storms with a 40-foot tornado, 20-foot Tesla Coil, and 30-foot avalanche disc
- Walk through a real United 727, climb aboard the engine of the Empire State Express, the first machine to break the 100 mph, and gaze in awe at historic aircraft flying above you in the Transportation Gallery.
- Sea Earth’s atmosphere, the flow of ocean currents, changing cloud cover and the geophysical forces that shape our planet in near real-time in Earth Revealed.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy a scientific adventure in Chicago's only five-story, domed, wrap-around theater.
MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND INDUSTRY
57th Street and Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60637
Just minutes from downtown Chicago.
GPS address: 5700 S. Lake Shore Dr., Chicago, IL 60637
Extended hours on select dates. Call or visit website to verify hours.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
(800) 468-6674 (GO-TO-MSI)
MSI Theater: CityPASS includes a film in Chicago's only five-story, domed, wrap-around theater (reserve upon arrival).
U-505 Submarine Onboard Tour: Cost for CityPASS holders: adult $18, child (3-11) $14.
Discount: Get 10% off your purchase at the Museum’s gift shop; see booklet or CityPASS Travel Guide for details.
Advice for Visitors
- The best time to see baby chicks hatching is in the afternoon.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Reserve your special experience timed-entry ticket either in advance or upon arrival, as they can fill up quickly.
- Dining: The Brain Food Court, Museum Café, Finnigan's Ice Cream Parlor
- Gift Shops: Museum Store, Shop Earth, Museum Photo Studio.
Best time to visit: Mondays are the least-crowded.
Accessibility: Museum and MSI Theater are fully accessible. Elevators available. Wheelchairs available in Entry Hall and at Space Center entrance.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 15 or more: Call (773) 684-1414 in advance of arrival.