Save 49% on premium admission to the top 5 Chicago attractions with CityPASS.
- Get a glimpse into elements of European interiors from the late 13th century to the 1930s and American furnishings from the 17th century to the 1930s in the fascinating Thorne Miniature Rooms.
- See first-hand the Art Institute’s extraordinary collection of modern art, considered one of the finest and most comprehensive in the world and boasting some of the greatest icons of the period.
- Visit the museum’s beloved collection of early European arts in The Deering Family Galleries of Medieval and Renaissance Art, Arms, and Armor. After years of meticulous conservation and a complete gallery renovation, the installation features objects from the Middle Ages and Renaissance, including monumental altarpieces, exquisite jewelry, and armored figures on horseback.
ART INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO
111 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60603
Closed New Year's Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
Special Exhibitions: Access to certain special exhibitions requires an additional $7 ticket, which can be purchased onsite.
10% off at the Museum Cafe: Get 10% off your bill at the vibrant, family-friendly Museum Cafe.
Advice for Visitors
- Don't miss the Art Institute of Chicago's mobile app! Your personal, pocket-sized guide to the collection, the new mobile experience merges location-aware technology with audio storytelling, letting the art speak to you. Learn more and download here.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Gift Shops: The Main Museum Shop and the Modern Wing Shop
- Art Institute of Chicago has safety protocols in place to ensure a safe environment for its guests and staff; learn more on their website.
Accessibility: Wheelchairs available at no charge. Elevators accommodate wheelchairs and scooters. Additional resources available; see details.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.