Save 49% on premium admission to the top 5 Chicago attractions with CityPASS.
Chicago CityPASS Attractions are Reopening!
View the latest attraction schedule updates and visitor safety measures.
While Adler Planetarium remains closed, CityPASS guests may visit two of the three open option attractions: Art Institute of Chicago, Museum of Science and Industry, and 360 CHICAGO Observation Deck.
Advance reservations are required at some attractions; visit the CityPASS Travel Guide to learn more.
- Get a glimpse into elements of European interiors from the late 13th century to the 1930s and American furnishings from the 17th century to the 1930s in the fascinating Thorne Miniature Rooms.
- See first-hand the Art Institute’s extraordinary collection of modern art, considered one of the finest and most comprehensive in the world and boasting some of the greatest icons of the period.
- Visit the museum’s beloved collection of early European arts in The Deering Family Galleries of Medieval and Renaissance Art, Arms, and Armor. After years of meticulous conservation and a complete gallery renovation, the installation features objects from the Middle Ages and Renaissance, including monumental altarpieces, exquisite jewelry, and armored figures on horseback.
ART INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO
111 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60603
Closed New Year's Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
10% off at the Museum Cafe: Get 10% off your bill at the vibrant, family-friendly Museum Cafe.
Special Exhibitions: Access to certain special exhibitions requires an additional $7 ticket, which can be purchased onsite.
Advice for Visitors
- Use free WiFi to download the museum's new mobile app, featuring self-guided, engaging audio tours with behind-the-scenes stories and music to immerse yourself in stories of culture and creativity. Find the art that speaks to you with the location-aware map. The Art Institute of Chicago offers nearly 1 million square feet to explore - the New Mobile Experience will be your guide. Download it now from the App Store.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Gift Shops: The Main Museum Shop and the Modern Wing Shop
Accessibility: Wheelchairs available at no charge. Elevators accommodate wheelchairs and scooters. Additional resources available; see details.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.