Save 50% on premium admission to the top 5 Chicago attractions with CityPASS.
- Introduce your child to the museum's collection with a variety of hands-on activities in the Ryan Learning Center, including JourneyMaker, a new digital tool that allows your family to create its very own museum tour. Assemble puzzles based on masterpieces you'll see in the galleries, build architectural wonders with colorful blocks, and learn about art through interactive stories and games.
- Get a glimpse into elements of European interiors from the late 13th century to the 1930s and American furnishings from the 17th century to the 1930s in the fascinating Thorne Miniature Rooms.
- See first-hand the Art Institute’s extraordinary collection of modern art, considered one of the finest and most comprehensive in the world and boasting some of the greatest icons of the period.
- Visit the museum’s beloved collection of early European arts in The Deering Family Galleries of Medieval and Renaissance Art, Arms, and Armor. After years of meticulous conservation and a complete gallery renovation, the installation features objects from the Middle Ages and Renaissance, including monumental altarpieces, exquisite jewelry, and armored figures on horseback.
ART INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO
111 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60603
Mon-Wed & Fri-Sun, 10:30am-5pm
Closed New Year's Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
For up-to-date information about extended hours, please visit artic.edu.
Audio Tour: CityPASS admission includes an audio tour.
Advice for Visitors
- Free guided tours are available daily at noon.
- Stop by the Family Room in the Ryan Learning Center, open daily from 10:30am-5pm, and explore the collection together through art-making activities. Children of all ages can create a personalized museum tour with our new digital tool, JourneyMaker.
- Use free WiFi to download the museum's new mobile app, featuring self-guided, engaging audio tours with behind-the-scenes stories and music to immerse yourself in stories of culture and creativity. Find the art that speaks to you with the location-aware map. The Art Institute of Chicago offers nearly 1 million square feet to explore - the New Mobile Experience will be your guide. Download it now from the App Store.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: Museum Café, Terzo Piano, Caffé Moderno
- Gift Shops: The Main Museum Shop and the Modern Wing Shop
Accessibility: Wheelchairs available at no charge. Elevators accommodate wheelchairs and scooters. Additional resources available; see details.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups : Groups of 15 or more: Call (312) 857-7104 ahead of arrival.