Save 49% on premium admission to the top 5 Chicago attractions with CityPASS.
Chicago CityPASS Attractions are Reopening!
View the latest attraction schedule updates and visitor safety measures.
Advance reservations are required at some attractions; visit the CityPASS Travel Guide to learn more.
If you'd like to be notified when the majority of attractions have reopened, please sign up here.
- Get a glimpse into elements of European interiors from the late 13th century to the 1930s and American furnishings from the 17th century to the 1930s in the fascinating Thorne Miniature Rooms.
- See first-hand the Art Institute’s extraordinary collection of modern art, considered one of the finest and most comprehensive in the world and boasting some of the greatest icons of the period.
- Visit the museum’s beloved collection of early European arts in The Deering Family Galleries of Medieval and Renaissance Art, Arms, and Armor. After years of meticulous conservation and a complete gallery renovation, the installation features objects from the Middle Ages and Renaissance, including monumental altarpieces, exquisite jewelry, and armored figures on horseback.
ART INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO
111 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60603
Thu-Fri, 1-8pm; Sat-Mon, 11am-6pm
Closed New Year's Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
Advice for Visitors
- Use free WiFi to download the museum's new mobile app, featuring self-guided, engaging audio tours with behind-the-scenes stories and music to immerse yourself in stories of culture and creativity. Find the art that speaks to you with the location-aware map. The Art Institute of Chicago offers nearly 1 million square feet to explore - the New Mobile Experience will be your guide. Download it now from the App Store.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Gift Shops: The Main Museum Shop and the Modern Wing Shop
Accessibility: Wheelchairs available at no charge. Elevators accommodate wheelchairs and scooters. Additional resources available; see details.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.