Save 49% on premium admission to the top 5 Chicago attractions with CityPASS.
- Travel the world in 80 habitats and see some of the world’s most fascinating animals in Waters of the World.
- Learn about the yearly flood cycle of the mighty Amazon and see piranhas, tarantulas, stingrays, monkeys and an anaconda in Amazon Rising.
- Splash into a coral reef in the Philippines and get a diver’s-eye view of a diverse marine metropolis in the award-winning Wild Reef, home to more sharks, stingrays and live coral than any other exhibit at Shedd.
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant coastal ecosystem of the Pacific Northwest and encounter beluga whales, Pacific white-sided dolphins, sea lions and sea otters in the Abbot Oceanarium.
- Where’s Wellington? Meet the rockhopper and Magellanic penguins on Lower Level 2 of the Abbot Oceanarium.
Museum Campus Chicago
1200 South Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
Behind-the-Scenes-Tour: See Shedd from the perspective of our animal care staff during a 50-minute guided behind-the-scenes tour. Available Fri-Sun (7 days a week in the summer). Reservations are recommended. Call (312) 692-2723 to check availability and make reservations. Cost for CityPASS guests: $20.
Penguin Encounter: Shedd's most popular experience is offered Fri-Sun (7 days a week in the summer). Reservations are strongly required as Penguin Encounters sell out months in advance. Call (312) 692-3355 to check availability and make reservations. Cost for CityPASS guests: $94.95.
$2 off a Virtual Reality Experience: Regular cost: $9. Cost for CityPASS guests: $7.
10% off Your Purchase: Get 10% off your purchase of $50 or more at the Shedd Store.
Advice for Visitors
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: Bubble Net Food Court is operating with limited hours. See the latest updates. Any food or drink you bring or purchase must be consumed in designated dining areas.
- Gift Shops: Shedd Store - Find plushes, books, apparel and more, including a range of sustainable items—there's something for everyone at our Shedd Store.
Best time to visit: Monday through Thursday and mornings before 11am are least crowded. Be sure to reserve your visit date and time in advance.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions. Valet Parking is available most weekends.
Groups: Advance reservations are required. Group size is currently limited in accordance with Chicago regulations. See latest updates.