Save 49% on premium admission to the top 5 Chicago attractions with CityPASS.
Attraction operating hours and days may vary; check current schedules.
Learn how attractions are keeping guests safe.
While Adler Planetarium remains closed, CityPASS guests may visit two of the three open option attractions: Art Institute of Chicago, Museum of Science and Industry, and 360 CHICAGO Observation Deck.
- Travel the world in 80 habitats and see some of the world’s most fascinating animals in Waters of the World.
- Learn about the yearly flood cycle of the mighty Amazon and see piranhas, tarantulas, stingrays, monkeys and an anaconda in Amazon Rising.
- Splash into a coral reef in the Philippines and get a diver’s-eye view of a diverse marine metropolis in the award-winning Wild Reef, home to more sharks, stingrays and live coral than any other exhibit at Shedd.
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant coastal ecosystem of the Pacific Northwest and encounter beluga whales, Pacific white-sided dolphins, sea lions and sea otters in the Abbot Oceanarium.
- Watch your kids as they try out life as a sleek sliding penguin or a deep-sea submarine explorer in Polar Play Zone.
Museum Campus Chicago
1200 South Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
Penguin Encounter: Shedd's most popular experience is offered Fri-Sun (7 days a week in the summer). Reservations are strongly required as Penguin Encounters sell out months in advance. Call (312) 692-3355 to check availability and make reservations. Cost for CityPASS guests: $94.95.
Behind-the-Scenes-Tour: See Shedd from the perspective of our animal care staff during a 50-minute guided behind-the-scenes tour. Available Fri-Sun (7 days a week in the summer). Reservations are recommended. Call (312) 692-2723 to check availability and make reservations. Cost for CityPASS guests: $20.
$2 off a Virtual Reality Experience: Regular cost: $9. Cost for CityPASS guests: $7.
10% off Your Purchase: Get 10% off your purchase of $50 or more at the Shedd Store.
Advice for Visitors
- Check out daily dives, feedings, animal chats, and presentations schedules; see details.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- The aquatic presentations are available on a first-come, first-served basis and can sell out. Upon arrival, we suggest going directly to the kiosks in the North Lobby in front of Soundings Café to reserve your seats.
- Please note that CityPASS guests may experience wait times on peak days (weekends, holidays, summer, Illinois Resident Free Days).
- Dining: Soundings Café, Bubble Net, Deep Ocean Café
- Gift Shops: Shedd Store
Best time to visit: Monday through Thursday and mornings before 11am are least crowded. Arrive early for the best selection of show times for the aquatic presentation, which often sells out on busy days.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 15 or more: Keep booklets together and present to a Shedd representative. Group leader will be directed to priority entrance location to check in the entire group.