Save 51% on VIP admission to the top 5 Chicago attractions with CityPASS.
- Máximo the Titanosaur: Meet and experience Titanosaur, the largest dinosaur to ever live, up close and personal.
- Cyrus Tang Hall of China: Explore a culture of deep tradition and dynamic change, and travel across thousands of years of history of one of the world’s most influential civilizations.
- Underground Adventure: Shrink to the size of a bug and explore the world at one hundred times its normal size.
- Inside Ancient Egypt: Descend into an ancient Egyptian tomb where 23 Egyptian mummies and 5,000-year-old hieroglyphics reside.
- Evolving Planet: Wander through 4 billion years of life on Earth, walk among dinosaurs, and see fossils being prepped in our scientists’ lab.
- DNA Discovery Center: Watch actual research in the making as you observe and interact with scientists at work extracting DNA.
- Grainger Hall of Gems: See exquisite rare jewels and gold objects in one of the largest collections of gems and stones in the world.
- Abbott Hall of Conservation Restoring Earth: Get an up-close look at how our staff puts science into action, conserving rainforests in Peru, safeguarding the biodiversity of Madagascar, and connecting people on Chicago's South Side with nature.
Museum Campus Chicago
1400 South Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
Open daily, 9am-5pm
Last admission at 4pm.
Closed Christmas Day.
3D Film: CityPASS includes your choice of one digital 3D film. Movie selection subject to availability.
Antarctic Dinosaurs: Embark on an Antarctic adventure to discover never-before-seen dinosaurs. Included with CityPASS; ends January 6, 2019.
Mummies: Explore the lives of mummies from ancient Peru and Egypt using CT scans and 3D data. Included with CityPASS; ends April 21, 2019.
Advice for Visitors
- Shows fill up fast! Upon arrival, go directly to the 3D Theater to secure a show time.
- Free highlight tours available; see information desk for schedule.
- Download Field Museum Tours app from iTunes or the Google Play store; see details.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: The Field Bistro, Explorer Café
- Gift Shops: Main Store, Field Trip Store, Sue Store, Rock-ology Store
Best time to visit: Start your summer visit before 11am to avoid crowds.
Accessibility: Manual wheelchairs are available and free.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.