Save 49% on premium admission to the top 5 Chicago attractions with CityPASS.
- SUE the T. rex: Come face to face with SUE the T. rex, the world’s biggest and most complete T. rex. Step into the world of SUE and uncover what our scientists discovered about the life of this fearsome fossil.
- Máximo the Titanosaur: Meet and experience Titanosaur, the largest dinosaur to ever live, up close and personal.
- Cyrus Tang Hall of China: Explore a culture of deep tradition and dynamic change, and travel across thousands of years of history of one of the world’s most influential civilizations.
- Inside Ancient Egypt: Descend into an ancient Egyptian tomb where 23 Egyptian mummies and 5,000-year-old hieroglyphics reside.
- Grainger Hall of Gems: See exquisite rare jewels and gold objects in one of the largest collections of gems and stones in the world.
- Underground Adventure: Shrink to the size of a bug and explore the world at one hundred times its normal size.
- Evolving Planet: Wander through 4 billion years of life on Earth, walk among dinosaurs, and see fossils being prepped in our scientists’ lab.
- DNA Discovery Center: Watch actual research in the making as you observe and interact with scientists at work extracting DNA.
Museum Campus Chicago
1400 South Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
Open daily 9am-5pm
Last admission at 4pm.
Closed Christmas Day.
10% off Your Purchase: Get 10% off Museum store purchases of $25 or more.
Advice for Visitors
- Shows fill up fast! Upon arrival, go directly to the 3D Theater to secure a show time.
- Free highlight tours available; see information desk for schedule.
- Look for the "Field Museum for All" app in iTunes or Google Play.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: The Field Bistro, Explorer Café
- Gift Shops: Field Museum Gift Shops
- The Field Museum has safety protocols in place to ensure a safe environment for its guests and staff; learn more on the Museum's website.
Best time to visit: Start your summer visit before 11am to avoid crowds.
Accessibility: Manual wheelchairs are available and free.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 10 or more: Call (312) 665-7300 in advance of arrival.