Articles by City & Category
Want to enhance your CityPASS® ticket experience? There's an app for that.
November 9, 2011 By CityPASS
Whether you’re a loyal iPhone user or you love your Android device, smartphone apps have changed the way we travel. You no longer need to carry around a map, guidebook, bus schedule, and directions to the restaurant you want to try for lunch. You can find all of that, and more, on your phone.
Our partner attractions are keeping up with the times; a number of them have created their own apps to enhance the visitor experience. Some help you navigate your way around large museums or zoos with GPS-enabled maps, while others provide additional information about exhibits or mobile tours. Below is a list of apps currently offered by attractions, as well some great city resources. Keep them in mind for your next adventure!
- Disneyland: Disneyland Mousewait gives you everything you'll need for a day at the park - wait times for rides, restaurant menus, weather info, restroom locations and much more.
- Woodland Park Zoo: Get the zoo in the palm of your hand with the Woodland Park Zoo's app, which includes animal fact sheets, visitor info, videos, and a GPS-enabled zoo map.
- Houston Zoo: Designed to be a personalized guide for visitors, the Houston Zoo's app displays your location using GPS coordinates and includes photos, videos and access to daily Meet the Keeper talks.
- American Museum of Natural History: The AMNH Explorer is part custom navigation system and part personal tour guide that will take you from the edge of the universe to the age of dinosaurs.
- The Museum of Modern Art: Use MoMA's app to find out about current exhibitions, plan a visit, browse or search tens of thousands of works in the collection, take multimedia tours, and more.
- California Academy of Sciences: Cal Academy has a variety of mobile apps to help you get more out of your visit, and to stay connected afterward.
- Tourism Toronto: Tourism Toronto provides a gallery of free Toronto apps to help you get the most out of your visit.
- Philadelphia Convention and Visitors Bureau: Find Your Philly is an interactive scavenger hunt that helps you play your way through the attractions and highlights of the City of Brotherly Love.
- Greater Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau: BostonUSA is the official guide to Boston, with info on great deals, an event calendar, locations and directions and more.