Save 47% on admission to the top 5 Houston attractions with CityPASS.
- Admire the Houston Zoo’s newly renovated home for our black bears! The Hamill Foundation Black Bear Exhibit expansion more than triples the space for five-year-old black bears, Belle and Willow, to explore. It includes features like a chilled pool, climbing structures, lots of shade and other enrichment opportunities.
- Gorillas at the Houston Zoo. Their power is legendary. Their movements – majestic. Their presence – simply awesome. In the African Forest, visitors experience everything that makes gorillas so wonderful, up close and incredible.
- See some of the world’s most venomous snakes and exotic amphibians in the Reptile & Amphibian House, and take an expedition from the coral reefs of the Pacific to the Amazon Basin and the Rift Valley lakes of Africa at the Zoo’s Kipp Aquarium.
- Visit the long-time favorite John P. McGovern Children’s Zoo! A river otter plays underwater, the sounds of flapping wings echo in a realistic bat cave, and goats wait for guests’ attention in the Petting Zoo. Kids can experience all of this at the John P. McGovern Children’s Zoo, where guests can also explore the Bug House, and visit the Naturally Wild Swap Shop.
- The McNair Asian Elephant Habitat, one of the newest expansions at the Houston Zoo, serves as home to ten elephants, including babies Tilly and Joy. While strolling across the boardwalk, visitors can watch as these majestic creatures splash in their 160,000-gallon pool.
- Cool off at the Kathrine McGovern Water Play Park, with 37 different water play features, like a friendly and colorful sea serpent, a tall “fill and spill” water tree, fountains, jets, misters and more. The park is open daily April 1 – October 31.
6200 Hermann Park Drive
Houston, TX 77030
Open daily, Mar-Nov 9am-7pm, Nov-Mar 9am-6pm
Hours may vary; check website for most up-to-date information.
Last entry one hour prior to close.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Wildlife Carousel: Cost for CityPASS holders: $4/ride. Tickets available at front gate or carousel entrance .
Giraffe Feedings: Cost for CityPASS holders: $7
Dragons: Experience the thrill of seeing these mythical beasts move, roar, and even breathe smoke. Explore the enchanted forest filled with magical animatronic creatures and come face to face with massive, legendary creatures – the first exhibit of its kind in the U.S. March 7-September 7. Cost for CityPASS guests: $6.95
Advice for Visitors
- Guests can enjoy free wifi, a great way to enhance your Zoo experience.
- There is plenty to see and do at the Houston Zoo even in unfavorable weather – many indoor exhibits and ways to cool off.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: Twiga Terrace, Macaw Café, Cypress Circle Café, Herzstein Trading Post, and carts and kiosks throughout the zoo for drinks and snacks.
- Gift Shops: Located near the main exit gate and in the African Forest.
- Strollers: Available for rent on a first-come, first-served basis.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 20 or more: Call (713) 533-6500 or email email@example.com in advance of arrival.