Save 47% on admission to the top 5 Houston attractions with CityPASS.
Houston CityPASS attractions are reopening!
View the latest attraction schedule updates and visitor safety measures.
While Children's Museum of Houston remains closed, CityPASS guests may visit two of the three open option attractions: Houston Zoo, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, and Kemah Boardwalk.
Advance reservations are required at some attractions; visit the CityPASS Travel Guide to learn more.
- Admire the Houston Zoo’s newly renovated home for our black bears! The Hamill Foundation Black Bear Exhibit expansion more than triples the space for five-year-old black bears, Belle and Willow, to explore. It includes features like a chilled pool, climbing structures, lots of shade and other enrichment opportunities.
- Gorillas at the Houston Zoo. Their power is legendary. Their movements – majestic. Their presence – simply awesome. In the African Forest, visitors experience everything that makes gorillas so wonderful, up close and incredible.
- See some of the world’s most venomous snakes and exotic amphibians in the Reptile & Amphibian House.
- Visit the long-time favorite John P. McGovern Children’s Zoo! A river otter plays underwater, the sounds of flapping wings echo in a realistic bat cave, and goats wait for guests’ attention in the Petting Zoo. Kids can experience all of this at the John P. McGovern Children’s Zoo, where guests can also explore the Bug House, and visit the Naturally Wild Swap Shop.
- The McNair Asian Elephant Habitat, one of the newest expansions at the Houston Zoo, serves as home to ten elephants, including babies Tilly and Joy. While strolling across the boardwalk, visitors can watch as these majestic creatures splash in their 160,000-gallon pool.
- Cool off at the Kathrine McGovern Water Play Park, with 37 different water play features, like a friendly and colorful sea serpent, a tall “fill and spill” water tree, fountains, jets, misters and more. The park is open daily April 1 – October 31.
6200 Hermann Park Drive
Houston, TX 77030
Hours may vary; check website for most up-to-date information.
Last entry one hour prior to close.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Wildlife Carousel: Tickets available at front gate or carousel entrance. Cost for CityPASS guests: $4/ride.
Giraffe Feedings: Cost for CityPASS guests: $7
Advice for Visitors
- Guests can enjoy free wifi, a great way to enhance your Zoo experience.
- There is plenty to see and do at the Houston Zoo even in unfavorable weather – many indoor exhibits and ways to cool off.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: Twiga Terrace, Cypress Circle Café, Herzstein Trading Post, and carts and kiosks throughout the zoo for drinks and snacks.
- Gift Shops: Located near the main exit gate and in the African Forest.
- Strollers: Available for rent on a first-come, first-served basis.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 20 or more: Call (713) 533-6500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of arrival.