Save 47% on admission to the top 5 Houston attractions with CityPASS.
- Embark on a "prehistoric safari" that also includes the grand saga of human evolution — from tree-climbing australopithecines to courageous mammoth-hunters.
- View some of the rarest and most stunning crystallized mineral specimens in the world, such as The Alma Queen, a brilliant red rhodochrosite that is one of the most famous specimens in mineralogy.
- Catch of glimpse of life in ancient Egypt and see hundreds of Egyptian artifacts, including three mummies and no less than a dozen coffins.
- Explore all of Africa without leaving Houston, with over 120 specimens of African wildlife on display, plus engaging interactives and films exploring African wildlife ecology and conservation.
HOUSTON MUSEUM OF NATURAL SCIENCE
5555 Hermann Park Drive
3D Wortham Giant Screen Theater: Reduced cost for CityPASS holders: all ages 3+, $8. (Theater is busiest from 9-11am.)
Cockrell Butterfly Center: Includes access to the Brown Hall of Entomology. Reduced cost for CityPASS holders: all ages 3+, $8.
Burke Baker Planetarium Show: Reduced cost for CityPASS holders: all ages 3+, $6.
Advice for Visitors
- Go beyond the label with the my HMNS app. Featuring curator-led audio tours, high-res photography and an interactive map, the my HMNS app is the perfect way to explore the museum.
- Dining: Food Lab Café
- Gift Shops: Museum Store
Best time to visit: From September through April, the museum is less crowded in the afternoon; during summer and holiday periods, the museum is less crowded before noon. Thursday afternoons are free and can be busy.
Accessibility: Handicapped access to all venues is available.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 15 or more: Call (713) 639-4601.