Articles by City & Category
A Guide to LEGOLAND® Florida Rides for All Ages
November 13, 2023 By CityPASS
Whether you're a child at heart or a grown-up with a deep-seated love for LEGO® nostalgia, LEGOLAND® Florida Resort is a place where brick-built dreams come true. Since its grand opening in 2011, this Florida-based amusement park has captivated the hearts of visitors of all ages.
With over 50 rides, live shows, endless shopping, can't-miss dining, a water park, and themed accommodations, there are plenty of attractions and activities for every LEGO enthusiast and adventure seeker.
Even better, LEGOLAND hosts multiple holiday-themed bashes year-round, including its much-loved LEGOLAND Brick-or-Treat during Halloween. This exciting event brings the holiday alive with Halloween monster favorites like LEGO Dracula and LEGO Frankenstein.
No matter what time of year you plan to visit, this article covers everything you need to know about the LEGOLAND Florida rides, including height requirements and how to save big when visiting.
LEGOLAND® Florida Best Rides
With over 50 rides at LEGOLAND, Florida, you know there is truly something for everyone in your family. We've sorted this list of rides by height requirement so you can arrive knowing which rides your family members can and cannot ride.
Height Requirements at LEGOLAND® Florida
Some rides have no minimum height, while others mandate a four-foot minimum. There are also some age restrictions to consider, including the need for adult companions for the bigger rides.
Rides Without a Minimum Height To Ride
LEGO® NINJAGO® The Ride is one of the most popular rides in the park. It's also the sole ride without a minimum height requirement. Based on the much-loved LEGO NINJAGO franchise, this 4D indoor ride is a thrilling, interactive experience that brings the NINJAGO world to life.
Rides With 30 to 36 Inches Minimum Height
The following are the rides with a 30-36 inch requirement. Rides with an asterisk (*) next to their title also include companion requirements for guests under a certain height. Many of the rides also require riders to be able to transfer to the ride vehicle on their own.
- Kid Power Towers (30 inches)*: Enjoy an unbeatable view of Lake Eloise before you drop into a fun "free-fall" in this adrenaline-pumping tower drop.
- Lost Kingdom Adventure (30 inches)*: Use a laser gun to battle off LEGO mummies and skeletons and find hidden treasures in a thrilling off-roader vehicle.
- Coast Guard Academy (34 inches)*: Sharpen your boating skills as the captain of your own LEGO-themed boat across calm waters.
- NFPA® Rescue Academy (34 inches)*: Ever wanted to try your hand at firefighting or battling crime in a police car? Try it at the NFPA Rescue Academy.
- Safari Trek (34 inches)*: Lions, tigers, or bears — see what animals you can spot on this safari ride.
- Beetle Bounce (36 inches): Launch 15 feet into the air before coming back down and bouncing back up again among the LEGO scarab beetles.
- Merlin's Challenge (36 inches)*: Enjoy another of the theme park's most popular rides on this wooden train roller coaster powered by Merlin's magic.
- Royal Joust (36 inches): Feel enchanted as you board your own LEGO horse and come across jousting knights and mystical creatures on this fantasy-driven ride.
- Technicycle (36 inches)*: Control how high you fly on this high-flying ride that's powered by your pedals.
Rides With 40 to 48 Inches Minimum Height
The following are the rides with a 40-48 inch requirement. Rides with an asterisk (*) next to their title also include companion requirements for guests under a certain height. Many of the rides also require riders to be able to transfer to the ride vehicle on their own.
- The Dragon (40 inches)*: Twist, turn, and soar aboard a green dragon on one of the park's most thrilling roller coasters.
- Joker Soaker (40 inches): Get soaked in Lego City's interactive play area filled with water spouts and a wading pool.
- THE LEGO® MOVIE™ Masters of Flight (40 inches)*: Attend flying school on this flying theater attraction, the first of its kind in the United States.
- UniKitty's Disco Drop (40 inches)*: Join UniKitty and her friends on this unforgettable ride that spins, bounces, and drops.
- Coastersaurus (42 inches)*: One of the most exhilarating rides, you'll circle amazing LEGO brick dinosaurs, including a 1,100-pound Brachiosaurus.
- The Great LEGO® Race (42 inches): Defy the laws of physics on this heart-pumping roller coaster, themed like a race rally.
- Twin Chasers (42 inches): Slide down over 300 feet on twin slides on this enclosed water ride before landing in the pool below.
- Mia's Riding Adventure (48 inches): Join Mia's riding camp by picking your own horse and saddling up for this unique disc coaster.
- Splash Out (48 inches): Cool yourself off after a hot day of fun in these refreshing waves.
Rides With 52 Inches Minimum Height
AQUAZONE® Wave Racers is one of the most thrilling rides in LEGOLAND Florida — this time, with a 52-inch minimum height requirement. Here, you can steer across waters, fighting off water blasts or enjoying the refreshing spray in the Florida heat.
Enjoy an Unforgettable Day at LEGOLAND® With a CityPASS® Ticket
There's no doubt about it — LEGOLAND Florida is a can't-miss destination for families from all over the world. As you can see, there truly is a ride for everyone, whether it's a thrilling roller coaster or a LEGO safari adventure.
And the best news? You can save big when purchasing tickets to LEGOLAND Florida Resort, with a CityPASS® ticket. An Orlando CityPASS® ticket lets you explore all LEGOLAND has to offer, see more of the best things to do in Orlando, and save with discounted prices.
Part of a great vacation is finding a great place to stay. Use this map to find the right lodging for you:
Header Image © 2010 Chip Litherland Photography