Articles by City & Category
Explore The Natural World of Science at Denver's Museum of Science and Nature
March 29, 2023 By CityPASS
Prepare to spend a full day exploring the wild and fascinating exhibitions on display at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. It's time to satisfy your curiosity about the natural world!
This Denver museum is just one of many interactive attractions available with Denver CityPASS® tickets, which saves you on admission to your choice of 3, 4 or 5 attractions.
Denver Museum of Nature and Science Exhibits
Prepare to spend a full day exploring the wild and crazy exhibitions on display at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. It’s time to satisfy your curiosity about the natural world and geek out learning all about a variety of subjects, from Native Americans to dinosaurs.
- Discovery Zone: A place where a kid can be a kid! Little ones will delight in creating art projects, “excavating” fossils, and other science-related activities.
- Expedition Health®: Explore the miracle of the human body in this interactive, highly personalized exhibit, where you’ll get to look at your cells under a microscope!
- Gems and Minerals: Fascinated by all things dazzling and shiny? You’ll get to explore a silver mine leading to a cavern overflowing with stalactites and white gypsum crystals, and admire Tom’s Baby, a nugget of gold that weighs in at eight pounds.
- Konovalenko: Gem Carvings of Russian Folk Life — Admire Vasily Konovalenko’s intricately carved figures, all of which are crafted from precious gems.
- Prehistoric Journey: Go back... way back in this engaging exhibit where you’ll trace the history of life on Earth, going from 3.5-billion-year-old single-celled organisms to dinosaurs to today’s creatures.
- Space Odyssey: Your chance to explore the wonder of space—without any of the hassles of interplanetary travel! Museum Galaxy Guides facilitate an amazing experience in which you’ll get to see a massive Martian canyon and watch live performances.
- Wildlife Halls: Don’t miss the spectacular 3-D wildlife displays depicting over 90 groupings of animals from around the world.
- Egyptian Mummies: Time to indulge your inner archeologist. Learn about how technology like CT scans and radiocarbon dating has shed new light on the lives and deaths of two female mummies hosted inside this stunning exhibit.
Does Denver Have a Planetarium?
The Denver Museum of Nature and Science has a planetarium with a projector system. Check the website to find out about events at the planetarium.
Denver Museum of Nature and Science Infinity Theater
In addition to the mainstay exhibits, the Museum also hosts rotating temporary exhibits, and a giant screen theater (The Infinity Theater) shows a variety of films ranging from documentaries on natural wonders to show-stopping blockbuster hits.
Parking at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science
At the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, parking options are plentiful. You can park in the main parking lot or their underground parking garage, or find street parking on the east side of the museum or on E. 22nd Avenue.
Admission Prices and Operating Hours
You can find the most up-to-date information on ticket prices and hours of operation on the Museum’s website, where you’ll also find a calendar of upcoming events.
Is the Denver Museum of Nature and Science Free?
The DMNS has special free admission days sponsored by The Scientific & Cultural Facilities District. Free admission does not cover the Infinity Theater or the Planetarium. Check the website to find out which days are free.
The Denver Museum of Nature and Science is an Autism and Sensory-Friendly place for you to visit with your loved ones that may have sensory disorders. Resources are available for guests with autism or sensory needs, (e.g. wiggle cushions and noise-reducing headphones) and may be checked out at no charge from the Information Desk on a first-come, first-served basis.
To get the most out of your stay in Denver, we recommend finding lodging near Denver's top attractions like the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. Use this map to find the right lodging for you:
Experience The Denver Museum of Science and Nature for Less With CityPASS® Tickets
If you won’t be in Denver for one of the limited free-admission days, you can save money on Museum tickets with CityPASS® tickets. If you buy Denver CityPASS® tickets, you can save on Denver’s top attractions including the Downtown Aquarium and the Denver Art Museum. This means you and your family can see and do more for less!
With so much to learn and so many family-friendly activities, the Denver Museum of Nature and Science should be number one on your bucket list the next time you visit Denver. But why stop with just one location? You can visit the Downtown Aquarium, Denver Botanic Gardens, Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum, and so much more for less with CityPASS® tickets! Get your Denver CityPASS® tickets and visit all the must-see attractions in the mile-high city.