Save 54% on admission to the top 5 Tampa Bay attractions with CityPASS.
- Step inside the largest nonprofit manatee critical care center and see real wild Florida manatees receiving lifesaving care.
- Take a ride on Expedition Wild Africa and get up close with some of the most exciting animals from Africa including elephants, painted dogs, white rhinos and more!
- Stroll along a beautiful boardwalk shaded by massive oak trees where you'll find Florida Panthers, native birds, alligators, bears and so much more.
- Cool off at Roaring Springs, a thrilling family water adventure.
- Then head over to Wallaroo, where the littlest explorers can play in the splash pad, climb the Koala Clubhouse, ride the Tiger Coaster, and more.
- Throughout the day, you'll get to meet the team that cares for more than 1,000 animals at the daily chats, mingles, and shows.
ZOOTAMPA AT LOWRY PARK
1101 W. Sligh Ave.
Tampa, FL 33604
Open daily, 9:30am-5pm
Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
The Zoo may close due to inclement weather.
Signature Encounters: These encounters start at $15 per person for non-members, and $10 per person for members. Prices vary based on peak/non-peak days and include Indian Rhino Feeding, African Penguin Backstage, Koala Photo Encounter Presented by Yob Family Foundation (Weekends and select weekdays only), Aldabra Tortoise Encounter and Southern White Rhino Backstage. Guests can book encounters at the Tours & Guest Services Kiosk after entering the Zoo; see details.
Interactive Animal Encounters: Giraffe Meet and Greet, $9.95; Lorikeet feeding, $5. Guests can book encounters at the Tours & Guest Services Kiosk after entering the Zoo; see details.
Advice for Visitors
- The Zoo’s animals are most active in the morning and late afternoon. As the day heats up, many species enjoy naps in the shade.
- The Zoo offers complimentary maps in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French & Hindi. Please see a Guest Services team member at the main entrance for assistance.
- The Zoo has been certified as an "Autism Friendly" attraction and offers special toolkits and Autism friendly Zoo maps. Please see a Guest Services team member at the main entrance for assistance.
- The Zoo offers a wide variety of shopping and dining options through the park. Some venues are open based on seasonal attendance; please see the main entrance staff for assistance. Outside food and beverages are not permitted inside the Zoo.
- Mothers need a break with the little ones? Head to the Fisher-Price "Mommy Stop" located next to the Manatee Fountain area at the Zoo's main entrance. This shaded tranquil area provides a relaxing oasis for moms to rest with their little ones during their day at the Zoo!
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Visit the zoo's website for daily schedules, to make your reservation, and to find more information on the many Up-Close Signature Encounters available, like the Indian Rhino Feeding Encounter!
- Make the most of your visit to the zoo with the ZooTampa App, where you'll find interactive maps, special offers and helpful information.
- Dining: Multiple dining options available.
- Gift Shops: Multiple throughout the Zoo.
- ZooTampa at Lowry Park has safety protocols in place to ensure a safe environment for its guests and staff; learn more on their website.
Accessibility: The Zoo is fully accessible to guests with disabilities. Wheelchairs available for rent. Non-motorized, $10 per day; motorized, $28 per day; Aqua Chairs (waterproof wheelchairs), free.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Best Time to Visit: Beat the heat and the crowds by arriving early.