Face Ferocity at ZooTampa at Lowry Park
ZooTampa at Lowry Park is not your average zoo. A combination of heart-thumping rides, engaging animal encounters, and a wildlife conservation center, it has all the necessary elements for a no-holds-barred adventure for all ages. It’s an experience that will have you smiling from ear to ear throughout your time there.
Top Things to Do at ZooTampa
There are more than enough activities at ZooTampa at Lowry Park to keep you occupied for hours! Admire magnificent Malayan tigers as they enjoy a drink from a cool stream in the Asian Gardens, or duck for cover as a fierce flyer soars overhead during the twice-daily show in the Birds of Prey Theater. Take younger tots for an up-close encounter with a furry resident of the land down under in Wallaroo and then cool down in the massive splash after the final descent of the Roaring Springs Family Water Adventure. Grab a map when you arrive and start exploring! Here are some of the top thrills:
- Aviaries: Winged creatures of all shapes and sizes perform airborne acrobats in ZooTampa’s many free-flight aviation facilities. Keep an eye out for sloths moving slowly through the branches in the Main Aviary and admire the brilliantly colored lorikeets as they perch on your arm and shoulders, begging for a treat!
- Macaw Flyover: Incoming! Don’t take your eyes off the skies as jewel-colored macaws show off their brilliant plumage for the daily show.
- Primate World: Get ready for some monkey business as orangutans, mandrills, Colobus monkeys and more get their daily exercise by swinging from all angles.
- Roaring Springs Presented by Pinch a Penny: This log-flume style ride takes you on a winding journey through a crystal clear spring in an innocent windup that leads to a heart-pounding three-story drop at the end. Note that guests who are not keen to get soaked can experience the great heights of Roaring Springs ZooTampa in Lowry Park by peering out at the park atop Lookout Landing.
- Wallaroo: It’s always a "g’day" in this Australian-themed family area, which features a petting zoo, pony barn, Splash Pad, and of course, the opportunity to come face to face with a fuzzy koala.
- Jungle Carousel: Hop aboard a brightly colored zebra, cheetah, or even a sea dragon and enjoy the cheerful music as you glide up and down on this traditional carousel ride.
- Expedition Africa: Enjoy a 15-minute narrated tram ride that takes you all over the park, including some "behind-the-scenes" areas!
Animals Living at ZooTampa
ZooTampa at Lowry Park is proud to host a variety of animals from all over the globe, many of which are endangered species. Take a peek at three generations of Bornean orangutans, which can be seen lovingly playing with their young or rambunctiously swinging in their habitat, or check out the pygmy hippos, which clock in at less than 100 pounds soaking wet. Mosey on over to the exhibit with African penguins -- a real crowd-pleaser at ZooTampa -- who can often be seen enjoying the Florida sunshine or zipping through the water with ease. The big cats are always a draw; ZooTampa has Malayan tigers, Florida panthers, and clouded leopards, all of which are considered endangered or close to endangered species. Finally, if you’re a fan of manatees, make sure to stop by the public observation area to catch these gentle giants in action.
ZooTampa is more than a zoo-cum-adventure park. The Sandy and Tom Callahan Center for Wildlife Conservation is the zoo’s epicenter for protecting wildlife all over the world, and you can arrange for a 30-minute tour to learn about their activities when you arrive at the zoo.
ZooTampa at Lowry Park Admission
You can buy tickets for ZooTampa at Lowry Park through the official website before your visit, or you can purchase them when you arrive. If you decide to purchase them online, you’ll find a variety of admission options available, such as annual memberships, group tickets, and vacation packages. You’ll also be able to check prices for ZooTampa at Lowry Park on the website.
If you’re keen to save some green on a visit to the zoo, you can score discounted ZooTampa at Lowry Park tickets through Tampa Bay CityPASS. Along with savings on ZooTampa tickets, you’ll save on other fabulous tourist attractions like Clearwater Marine Aquarium, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, the Chihuly Collection, and other popular hotspots in the area.
ZooTampa at Lowry Park Hours
Operating hours at ZooTampa at Lowry Park do not vary much from day to day but are extended when ZooTampa comes alive with the holiday spirit during seasonal events. Check the official website for operating hours on the day you’re planning to visit.
When you visit ZooTampa, you’re not only going to have an amazing experience, but you’re also going to leave with a great appreciation for the zoo’s efforts to save endangered species from the brink of extinction. Education becomes fun as you learn all about the incredible diversity of the creatures here on earth and what you can do to save them.
To get the most out of your stay in Tampa Bay, we recommend finding lodging near Tampa Bay's top attractions like ZooTampa at Lowry Park. Use this map to find the right lodging for you:
Go Wild at ZooTampa for Less With CityPASS
Experience Tampa’s top attractions for less with CityPASS. Get up to off admission prices for Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, The Florida Aquarium, ZooTampa at Lowry Park, the Clearwater Marine Aquarium and more with CityPASS. With discounted tickets for adults and children, enjoy affordable family fun in Tampa!