Save 52% on admission to the top 5 Tampa Bay attractions with CityPASS.
- Get a unique look at the only non-profit manatee hospital in the world, one of the only places that you can see these gentle giants year-round.
- Head to Safari Africa to see some of the finest natural wildlife at close hand: elephants, zebras, meerkats, white rhinos, cheetahs, pygmy hippos, okapi, African penguins and much more! Guests can stand on the feeding plateau of Safari Africa and get eye to eye with the tallest animals in the world - giraffes.
- Explore the most comprehensive collection of native Florida wildlife in the world. Florida species include manatees, Florida panther, red wolves, Key deer, alligators, river otters, Florida black bears and more.
- Check out the amazing animals from Down Under including koalas, wallabies, cockatoos, emus, singing dogs and more at Wallaroo Station. The award-winning Australian Children’s Zoo features hands-on Aussie fun for the whole family with fun rides, interactive animal encounters and more.
- Take the Saving a Species Tour. The 30-minute tour explores the Sandy & Tom Callahan Center for Wildlife Conservation, where guests will learn all about the Zoo's mission to protect wildlife and how they can help. Guests are asked to make a $1 minimum donation for this tour.
ZOOTAMPA AT LOWRY PARK
1101 W. Sligh Ave.
Tampa, FL 33604
Open daily, 9:30am-5pm
Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
The Zoo may close due to inclement weather.
Interactive Animal Encounters: Giraffe Meet and Greet, $9.95; Stingray feeding, $5; Lorikeet feeding, $5. Guests can book encounters at the Tours & Guest Services Kiosk after entering the Zoo; see details.
Signature Encounters: These encounters start at $15 per person for non-members, and $10 per person for members. Prices vary based on peak/non-peak days and include Indian Rhino Feeding, African Penguin Backstage, Koala Photo Encounter Presented by Yob Family Foundation (Weekends and select weekdays only), Aldabra Tortoise Encounter and Southern White Rhino Backstage. Guests can book encounters at the Tours & Guest Services Kiosk after entering the Zoo; see details.
Dinos Alive!: Travel back in time and come face-to-face with animated, larger-than-life dinosaurs from a Stegosaurus to a T-Rex. Including with admission. On view through September 7.
Advice for Visitors
- The Zoo’s animals are most active in the morning and late afternoon. As the day heats up, many species enjoy naps in the shade.
- The Zoo offers complimentary maps in English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French & Hindi. Please see a Guest Services team member at the main entrance for assistance.
- The Zoo has been certified as an "Autism Friendly" attraction and offers special toolkits and Autism friendly Zoo maps. Please see a Guest Services team member at the main entrance for assistance.
- The Zoo offers a wide variety of shopping and dining options through the park. Some venues are open based on seasonal attendance; please see the main entrance staff for assistance. Outside food and beverages are not permitted inside the Zoo.
- Mothers need a break with the little ones? Head to the Fisher-Price "Mommy Stop" located next to the Manatee Fountain area at the Zoo's main entrance. This shaded tranquil area provides a relaxing oasis for moms to rest with their little ones during their day at the Zoo!
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: Multiple dining options available.
- Gift Shops: Multiple throughout the Zoo.
Accessibility: The Zoo is fully accessible to guests with disabilities. Wheelchairs available for rent. Non-motorized, $10 per day; motorized, $28 per day; Aqua Chairs (waterproof wheelchairs), free.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 15 or more: Call (813) 933-8012 or email email@example.com in advance of arrival.
Best Time to Visit: Beat the heat and the crowds by arriving early.