Save 47% on admission to the top 5 Houston attractions with CityPASS.
- Step inside the building zone and learn about physics and engineering with hands-on activities.
- Ask and discover the answers to your own science questions with tons of hands-on, investigative experiences.
- Dive into the forces and properties of water through waves, vortices and rapids, and explore the fascinating concept of hydropower.
- Step into a workshop of gadgets and gizmos where kids create, concoct and construct contraptions and use their imagination to become inventors,
- Push your limits and discover how your body reacts to a variety of physical challenges: climb the 40-foot Power Tower; test your strength at Grip It; complete a special power missions; and more.
CHILDREN'S MUSEUM OF HOUSTON
1500 Binz Street, Museum District
Houston, TX 77004
Discount: Get 10% off your purchase of $25 or more at Fiddle Sticks Toys. See booklet for details.
Become a S.E.C.R.E.T. Agent: Become a special field agent and help save the Children’s Museum of Houston exhibits! Join team S.E.C.R.E.T. and take on the difficult task of defeating the villainous group R.I.V.A.L., who is trying to steal the Museum’s energy-emitting crystals for their own nefarious purposes. Children ages 8 and up are needed for this task. Agent enlistment fee: $20 (includes gear and 1 mission).
Advice for Visitors
- The Children’s Museum is for the young and young-at-heart; however, exhibits are specifically designed for children from birth to age 12.
- Check the calendar to see what’s going on during the day of your visit; see details
- All exhibits are in Spanish/English.
- Thursdays 5pm-8pm are Free Family Nights and may be more crowded.
- The museum is designed for children 0 to 13 years of age and their families. Children younger than 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. To enter the museum, your group must include a child.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: Fresh Café
- Gift Shops: Fiddle Sticks Toys, Top Secret Gear Shop
Best time to visit: Visit weekdays after 1pm when it's less crowded. Thursdays 5-8pm are Free Family Nights and may be more crowded.
Accessibility: All hallways, exhibits and restrooms are handicap accessible.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 15 or more: Call (713) 535-7238.