Articles by City & Category
Children's Museum Houston Offers Hands-On Exhibits for Your Little One
March 29, 2023 By CityPASS
Being a kid has never been more fun than at the Children’s Museum Houston in Texas. Embark on a daily escapade filled with thrills, interactive activities, live demonstrations, and performances. It's world in which learning feels like play and everything is sized just for them. If you’ve got a little tyke or two with zest and energy to spare, take them here so they can put it to good use!
Exhibits at the Children’s Museum Houston
The Children’s Museum Houston is no place to hang back in the shadows; all the exhibits are interactive and hands-on. Budding inventors can sharpen their skills; curious cats will learn the answers to such burning questions as "how does electricity run through wire?" Children will adore exploring all sections of the museum:
- FlowWorks: No Houston museum aimed at kids has ever offered this much fun with water! Young’uns can dip their hands into a simulated flood plain or work the switches of the Hydro Switchboard to harness the power of good ole’ H2O — getting a mild soaking in the process.
- Cyberchase: Math becomes fun in an adventurous environment where solving algebra and geometry problems helps save a virtual universe from an evil hacker.
- EcoStation: Divided into an indoor and outdoor section that includes a pond, a woodland area, and a plant garden, this exhibit offers kids the opportunity to partake in a variety of wildlife and nature-themed activities.
- Inventors’ Workshop: Dive into the messy process of invention with a hands-on, inquiry-based exploration workshop that encourages you to think about how to learn by actually doing it.
- How Does It Work? This multi-level exhibit answers burning scientific questions through a series of interactive experiences. Kids will have the opportunity to design their own car and even engineer a roller coaster!
- Invention Convention: There’s no shortage of gadgets and gizmos in a place where children can build an air-propelled stomp rocket or experiment with magnets, propellers, buzzers, and more elements of invention.
- Sights Unseen: Peek beyond what you can see into the mysterious and unseen world around you as you're immersed in a new exhibit full of color, darkness, and light meant to stimulate the senses.
- Kidtropolis: It’s a city for kids, run by kids! Kidtropolis, USA mirrors a real city where kids choose what they want to be and work with other kids to make it function.
- SECRET Spy Game: Crack codes and figure out puzzles to earn "Elite Agent" status during this 1.5-hour interactive spy mission series. (Note: This experience is not included in the regular admission price.)
Children's Museum Houston Tickets
You can buy tickets for the Children’s Museum Houston online at the official website, or try Houston CityPASS® tickets, which save you money on admission to multiple Houston attractions, including Space Center Houston, Kemah Boardwalk, and the Downtown Aquarium.
What Day is the Children’s Museum free in Houston?
You can get free admission to the Children’s Museum Houston on Family Night, Thursdays between 5pm and 8pm.
WHEN ARE SENSORY FRIENDLY DAYS?
Sensory Friendly Days are exclusive events held on designated Mondays that are normally closed to the public. The event is geared toward children with autism and sensory processing differences, but all children with disabilities are welcome. Sensory Friendly Days feature reduced lighting/sounds, smaller crowds and increased visual signage. For more information on general accessibility, visit the Children’s museum website. For specific dates and times for Sensory Friendly events, check out the official list of dates and details.
Children's Museum Houston Hours
For current hours of operation, please refer to the attraction's website.
To get the most out of your stay in Houston, we recommend finding lodging near Houston's top attractions like the Children's Museum Houston. Use this map to find the right lodging for you:
Visit the Children’s Museum Houston for Less With CityPASS® Tickets
CityPASS® tickets are the best deal in town for all of the must-see Houston attractions on your list. Save on family-friendly venues including Children’s Museum Houston, Space Center Houston, the Downtown Aquarium, and more! With deep discounts on the most popular attractions in Houston, you can save money and spend more time exploring. What are you waiting for?
Header Image Courtesy of Children's Museum Houston