Articles by City & Category
Disneyland Park Hopper: What You Need to Know
January 3, 2020 By CityPASS
If you’re short on vacation time or torn between visiting Disneyland® Park and Disney California Adventure® Park for a single day, the Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® is the perfect solution: it allows you to visit both parks on the same day. This guide will help you decide if the Park Hopper® is the right ticket for you when you visit Disneyland® Resort. Maybe you have limited time in Southern California, or perhaps you’re not sure if you’ll enjoy Disneyland® Park or Disney California Adventure® Park more and want to get a little taste of both.
Whatever your reason, Park Hopper® tickets are a great way to experience both fabulous parks without committing too much time to either one.
What is the Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Ticket?
The Park Hopper® lets you visit both parks on the same day to maximize your Disneyland® Resort experience. Single-park tickets are a little pricey, so the Park Hopper® can give you a little more bang for your buck if you’re not interested in shelling out for a multi-day pass to visit both.
How Does the Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Ticket Work?
Using Park Hopper® tickets is easy; you can start your day in one park as you would normally, then "hop" on over to the second park whenever you feel like it. You can go back and forth between the two parks all day if you want, with no need for a second ticket.
You can start at either park, and the parks are within walking distance of one another. In fact, the main entrances to both parks face each other, so you won’t be wasting valuable ride time traveling between the two.
Pro tip: Disneyland® Resort often staggers park closing times, so you may even want to start your day in the park that closes earlier, then hop to the second park to extend your experience as long as possible.
What Do Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Tickets Include?
Park Hopper® tickets include full access to all the fun rides and entertainment found within both Disneyland® Park and Disney California Adventure® Park. Park Hopper® admission does not include food or merchandise. Check the Disneyland® Resort website for details on special events.
If you’re only going to allocate a half-day to each park, here are some of the most popular attractions for each.
- Matterhorn Bobsleds: Hold onto your hats, because the drops, dips, and sharp turns of the first steel roller coaster ever constructed will take you for the ride of your life!
- Haunted Mansion®: Spooky creeps and ghouls tucked around every corner will make you believe in ghosts – it’s a must-do for adrenaline addicts.
- Indiana Jones™ Adventure: Hop aboard a four-wheeler and try to dodge skeleton ambushes and fire blasts while the iconic Indiana Jones theme plays in the background.
Disney California Adventure Park:
- Soarin’ Around the World: Explore the world’s most well-known landmarks -- both manmade and natural -- from the Eiffel Tower to the real Matterhorn in an IMAX theater that makes you feel like your feet never touched the ground during the entire ride.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!: If your stomach can handle the intense drops, definitely save time for this incredibly realistic rocket ride.
- Pixar Pal-A-Round: From 160 feet up in the air you’ll get a stellar birds-eye view of both parks, whether it’s from the swinging gondolas or the traditional stationary ones available on this Ferris wheel.
How Many Days are Park Hopper® Tickets Good for?
Tickets to Disneyland® Resort are good for 13 days after their first use or January 12, 2021, whichever occurs first. A Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® allows you to hop from one park to another all day.
How Much is a Disneyland Park Hopper?
If you’re debating the merits of a Park Hopper® ticket versus visiting one park per day, take into account the costs. For a single-day ticket, a Park Hopper® ticket will run you about $50 more than single-park tickets if you purchase from the official Disneyland® Resort website. Furthermore, the greater the number of days in you choose, the less you’ll pay per day for each Park Hopper® ticket. You can purchase either single-day or Park Hopper® from CityPASS for a great price!
Disneyland Park Hopper Discounts
The Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® can be a godsend for those who want to experience as much excitement as possible, whether it’s for a single day or part of a longer vacation. Visitors with tighter budgets or limited time will definitely benefit from a single-day Park Hopper® ticket.
With so many other exciting amusement parks nearby, including Universal Studios Hollywood™, LEGOLAND® California Resort, and SeaWorld® San Diego, it’s not easy to decide which ones to visit if you are only staying for a short amount of time. Luckily, Southern California CityPASS can help you save some money on your vacation. With CityPASS, you’ll get discounts on all the aforementioned parks and other top attractions in the SoCal region! Don’t wait to plan your next trip, and make sure you add CityPASS to your list of must-haves for your vacation.