Articles by City & Category
Touchdown at the College Football Hall of Fame
October 25, 2019 By CityPASS
Get ready to experience the action at the College Football Hall of Fame! This Atlanta, Georgia, tribute to the collegiate-level sport has riveted fans for years thanks to the non-stop knowledge and interactive exhibits inside its sprawling 95,000 square feet. If you live, breathe, and sleep college football, you’ve finally found your mecca.
How Many People Are in the College Football Hall of Fame?
Built to immortalize the greatest in the game, the much-celebrated College of Football Hall of Fame museum celebrates fewer than 1,300 of the five million-plus individuals who have played or coached football at the college level.
The History of the College Football Hall Of Fame
The National Football Association founded the College Football Hall of Fame in 1951. Initially slated for the Rutgers University campus in New Jersey (home of the first college football game in the mid-19th century), it was built instead in Ohio in 1978. The Hall then moved to Indiana in 1995, where it stayed until 2012. In 2014, the College Football Hall of Fame opened its doors to fans in its current location in the heart of Atlanta.
What to do at the College Football Hall Of Fame
Three floors bursting with over 50 interactive exhibits await you inside this massive complex. Here are some of the top game-time highlights:
- The Quad: A towering three-story wall covered in over 750 football helmets greets you as soon as you enter the building. (Pro tip: Register your All-Access Pass and enter your favorite team; the helmet will light up as you enter the Quad!)
- Kia Performance Center: Learn about the monumental dedication players and coaches have for the sport that enables them to reach stratospheric heights of greatness. You’ll also get an inside view on how uniforms and gear have evolved over the years to support player safety and performance.
- Augmented Reality Displays: Immerse yourself in the personal stories of all inductees in the College Football Hall Of Fame at one of 10 augmented reality displays. You could easily spend an afternoon soaking up inspirational stories worthy of a heroic Greek epic here.
- Indoor Playing Field: It’s game on in the 47-foot Indoor Playing Field. Feel the adrenaline as you streak through the Touchstone Tunnel to enter the field, where you can tackle an obstacle course, pretend you’re a quarterback and throw a winning pass, and try to kick a field goal.
- Chick-Fil-A Why We Love Football: Cutting edge technology and historic parables come together in this exhibit. The 52-foot touch screen will mesmerize you, but make sure to tear yourself away to admire legendary awards like the Heisman Trophy and the National Championship Trophy.
- AT&T Game Time: The memories of the game are what inspire the long-standing passion of its fans; ardor that lasts a lifetime, fueled by a single crystalline memory of a show-stopping play or triumphant victory. In the Game Time exhibit you’ll be able to relive your favorite memories all over again as you enter a 360-degree virtual reality experience that puts you right in the middle of the action.
- Game Day Theater: Get ready for an adrenaline-spiking adventure inside the Game Day Theater. Showing "The Game of Your Life"—a 4K feature film that grabs you by the throat as soon as the lights dim and doesn’t let go until the room brightens again—you’ll be transported to another world in which the only thing that matters is the game and the monumental devotion of its participants.
How Long Does it Take to Go Through the College Football Hall of Fame
It takes most visitors about two hours to see the College Football Hall of Fame, but devout fans should take their time and experience everything the museum has to offer.
College Football Hall Of Fame Location and Tickets
The College Football Hall of Fame is easy to access, as it’s smack in the heart of this bustling southern city. Located at 250 Marietta Street NW (right across the street from the famed Centennial Olympic Park), fans can use public transportation (MARTA) or drive to the College Football Hall of Fame. The Green Deck offers parking close by, or visitors can opt to park in Georgia World Congress Center's Red Deck.
College Football Hall of Fame Discount Tickets
Tickets for the College Football Hall of Fame are available online on the official website. However, if you want to score a bargain, you can purchase discount College Football Hall of Fame tickets through Atlanta CityPASS. A CityPASS for the "Big Peach" will save you over 40% on well-known tourist hotspots like the National Center for Civil and Human Rights, Zoo Atlanta, and the Fernbank Museum of Natural History, all of which are located just minutes away from the College Football Hall of Fame.
Even if you’re not a football fan, the College Football Hall of Fame will inspire you with its stories of incredible feats of athleticism and fanatic dedication to the game exhibited by players and coaches alike. The Hall is about more than just a game; it celebrates what it means to be human and to be so devotedly passionate about something that you’ll do anything to achieve your dreams.
To get the most out of your stay in Atlanta, we recommend finding lodging near Atlanta's top attractions like the College Football Hall of Fame. Use this map to find the right lodging for you:
Score College Football Hall of Fame Tickets for Less With CityPASS
With Atlanta CityPASS, you can spend less and experience more. Enjoy up to in savings on Atlanta’s most famous attractions, including the Georgia Aquarium, Zoo Atlanta, the World of Coca-Cola, and more! Grab your CityPASS and get ready for the ultimate sightseeing experience!
Header Image: College Football Hall of Fame—Helmet Wall