Save 42% on admission to the top 6 New York City attractions with CityPASS.
- Feel the splendor of Lady Liberty as you walk in the shadow cast by her 151-foot tall figure.
- Learn about the experience of over 12 million immigrants who entered the United States through the now quiet halls of the Ellis Island Immigration Museum.
- Explore the grounds of Liberty and Ellis Islands and enjoy an audio tour for both islands, included with CityPASS.
STATUE OF LIBERTY & ELLIS ISLAND
New York, NY 10004
Liberty State Park
Jersey City, NJ 07305
Crown Ticket: Crown access is not included with CityPASS admission. Crown Tickets are available by advance reservation only directly from statuecruises.com or by phone at (201) 604-2800. Crown Tickets often sell out well in advance. The climb to the crown is strenuous; there are 393 steps from the main lobby to the crown and there is no air conditioning. There is a maximum of four crown reservations allowed per order. Visitors must be at least 4 feet (1.2 meters) tall to visit the crown. Read more about Crown Tickets here. If you do buy a Crown Ticket for your travel date, you may use your CityPASS option ticket for a 2-hour Circle Line Cruise.
Monument Access: Monument Access includes admission to the Fort Wood section of the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty. CityPASS does not include monument access; however, a limited number of monument passes will be available each day at no additional charge on a first-come, first served basis from the Statue Cruises ticket office. CityPASS holders are eligible to receive these monument passes, based on availability. Alternatively, you can purchase a reserve ticket with monument access directly from statuecruises.com or by phone at (201) 604-2800. Read more about Monument Access here. If you do buy Monument Access for your travel date, you may use your CityPASS option ticket for a 2-hour Circle Line Cruise.
Advice for Visitors
- Allow at least 2 hours to visit one island and 5 hours to visit both islands.
- Expect to pass through airport-level security prior to boarding the ferry. Normal wait time to enter the screening facility is generally 30 minutes or more at Battery Park (NY) and 15 minutes at Liberty State Park (NJ). Wait times are less during autumn and winter months.
- Avoid longer wait times by arriving at Battery Park before 11am or after 2pm or boarding from Liberty State Park, in New Jersey.
- Guests who depart after 2pm will only be able to visit either Liberty Island or Ellis Island because there will not be time to visit both landmarks.
- Dining: Snack bars are available on all boats. Liberty Island has multiple food options. You may bring a picnic lunch, but large coolers are not allowed past security and no food or beverages are allowed within the Statue of Liberty.
- Gift Shops: Souvenirs available for purchase.
Accessibility: All vessels and facilities are wheelchair accessible.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.