Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
American Museum of Natural History
Voted #1 attraction in New York City by Zagat Survey "U.S. Family Travel Guide"! Included with your ticket: Rose Center for Earth and Space and 45 permanent exhibition halls featuring world-renowned dioramas, the 94-foot-long blue whale, and dinosaur halls. Don’t miss features in the LeFrak IMAX theater, with screenings in spectacular Digital 3D and 2D film, or the stunning new Hayden Planetarium Space Show Dark Universe.
General admission to the Museum, Rose Center for Earth and Space, plus an IMAX film or Space Show
Central Park West at 79th St.
Open daily, 10am-5:45pm
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- The Hayden Planetarium Space Theater uses advanced visual technology to create shows of unparalleled sophistication, realism, and excitement.
- Rose Center for Earth and Space is included with CityPASS admission.
- The Museum's renowned fossil halls feature the largest collection of dinosaur fossils in the world.
- A 94-foot-long blue whale model presides over the immersive Milstein Hall of Ocean Life.
- The dioramas in the Museum's Mammal Halls are among the most renowned in the world.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at any ticket window.
Special Exhibits Included with CityPASS
Open through October 12, 2014
Featuring scientific illustrations spanning five centuries, the new exhibition Natural Histories: 400 Years of Scientific Illustration from the Museum’s Library explores the integral role illustration has played in scientific discovery through 50 striking, large-format reproductions from seminal holdings in the Museum Library’s Rare Book collection.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Reduced-rates for CityPASS holders:
Spiders Alive: Discover some of the planet's most versatile animals in a new exhibit that features live spiders, larger-than-life models, fossils, and more. Adult $10; youth (2-12) $9; ends November 2, 2014.
Pterosaurs: Flight in the Age of Dinosaurs: Millions of years ago, the skies were ruled by pterosaurs—the first animals with backbones to fly under their own power. Rare fossils, life-size models, and hands-on interactives bring these ancient animals to life. Adult $10; youth (2-12) $9; April 5, 2014-January 4, 2015..
Advice for Visitors
- Space Shows are every half-hour and IMAX films are every hour on the half hour from 10:30am - 4:00pm daily. CityPASS ticket holders can purchase special exhibition tickets for a reduced price at any ticket desk.
- CityPASS ticket holders can purchase special exhibition tickets for a reduced price at any ticket desk.
- Visit before noon on weekends when it's the least crowded.
- Visit Ology, AMNH's website just for kids.
Parking: Limited indoor parking in museum parking garage; enter at 81st St. between Central Park West and Columbus Ave., 8am-11pm. Call (212) 313-7278.
Dining: Multiple dining facilities available.
Accessibility: The American Museum of Natural History welcomes all visitors and strives to make its exhibitions, programs, and services accessible to everyone.
Self-Guide: The museum has multiple apps available for download here.
Multiple museum shops.
Coat Check: Directly inside main entrance at Central Park West at 79th Street and in lower level of Rose Center; available Sept-March, $2 per person, space permitting.
Strollers: Strollers not allowed in Space Theater.
Subway: B (weekdays only) or C train.
Bus: M7, M10, M11 to 79th Street. M79 to Central Park West.
CitySights NY Double Decker bus stop: #34 Uptown Treasures & Harlem Tour.
Groups of 20 or more: Call (212) 769-5100; Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan Your Visit to New York City - Use our collection of New York tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating New York attractions.
Top 4 reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 40%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
New York CityPASS
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
New York CityPASS
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Extra Value Coupons
Happy travelers since 1997