Save 40% on admission to the top 6 New York City attractions with CityPASS.
- Feel the drama of the undersea world in the Milstein Hall of Ocean Life, featuring models of more than 750 sea creatures, including the 94-foot-long, 21,000-pound model of a blue whale suspended from the ceiling.
- See more than 130 scientifically significant meteorites in the Arthur Ross Hall of Meteorites and learn what the rocky space fragments may tell us about the formation and evolution of the Sun and planets.
- Spend time exploring the museum’s famed series of fossil halls, including the dinosaur halls that feature the largest collection of dinosaur fossils in the world, including imposing mounts of Tyrannosaurus rex and Apatosaurus.
- Learn about the evolutionary story of the human family and travel the world in the Human Origins and Cultural Halls, with halls examining the cultures of Asia, Africa, North and South America and the Pacific.
- Don’t miss the renowned dioramas in the Mammal Halls, with precise depictions of geographic locations and anatomically correct specimens from around the globe.
- Visit the spectacular Hayden Sphere and explore the 13-billion year history of the Universe at the Rose Center for Earth and Science.
AMERICAN MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY
Central Park West at 79th St.
New York, NY 10024
Open daily, 10am-5:45pm
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Discount: Special exhibition tickets are available for a reduced price at any ticket desk.
Advice for Visitors
- Space Shows are every half-hour and IMAX films are every hour on the half hour from 10:30am - 4pm daily.
- Visit Ology, AMNH's website just for kids.
- The museum has multiple apps available for download here, including the new Explorer app, which acts as your personal tour guide on your visit to the museum. You'll get a personalized experience that includes behind-the-scenes stories about exhibits, captivating interactives, stimulating quizzes and even turn-by-turn directions, all in a fun, easy-to-use interface.
- Dining: Multiple dining facilities available
- Gift Shops: Multiple museum shops
Best time to visit: Visit before noon on weekends when it's least crowded.
Accessibility: The American Museum of Natural History welcomes all visitors and strives to make its exhibitions, programs, and services accessible to everyone.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 20 or more: Call (212) 769-5100; Email firstname.lastname@example.org.