New York CityPASS » MoMA (The Museum of Modern Art)
- Liberty Island Reopening
Liberty Island is scheduled to reopen by July 4, 2013. We will provide more details as they become available.
- Partial Attraction Closure Information
The Guggenheim Museum will be undergoing an exhibition changeover from May 9 through June 20, during which time many galleries will be closed.
MoMA (The Museum of Modern Art)
MoMA’s renowned collection includes Vincent van Gogh’s The Starry Night (1889) and Claude Monet’s Water Lilies (1914–26), along with recent works by the greatest artists of our time. The museum also maintains an active schedule of extraordinary exhibitions. Shop at the MoMA Design and Book stores. Enjoy the elegant restaurant and cafés with spectacular views of the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Sculpture Garden.
11 West 53rd St.
Between 5th and 6th Avenues
Closed Tuesdays (until April 30, 2013), Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. For seasonal extended hours, visit moma.org.
Beginning May 1, 2013, open 7 days a week.
General admission to MoMA’s world-renowned collections that include famous works by Vincent van Gogh and Claude Monet plus entry into all special exhibitions and an audio tour. Also, MoMA PS1 Contemporary Art Center admission if visited within 30 days of MoMA.
- "The greatest collection of modern art in the world" — The New York Times
- Highlights include Claude Monet’s Water Lilies, Vincent van Gogh’s The Starry Night, Pablo Picasso’s Les Demoiselles d’Avignon, Henri Matisse’s Dance (I), and Andy Warhol’s Campbell’s Soup Cans.
- CityPASS admission includes a visit to MoMA PS1 within 30 days of visiting MoMA.
- Featuring commentary by curators, artists and critics, MoMA audio guides are free with museum admission.
CityPASS booklet holders go directly to the entrance of the galleries inside the museum lobby, and present back of booklet to be scanned. Present CityPASS voucher at the information desk located at the back of the lobby to skip the main ticket line. Follow the signs that direct you there.
Special Exhibits Included with CityPASS
All special exhibitions are included with CityPASS.
Bill Brandt: Shadow and Light
Through August 12, 2013
Bill Brandt is a founding figure in photography’s modernist traditions, and this exhibition represents a major critical reevaluation of his heralded career. Brandt’s activity during the Second World War is presented here for the first time in the context of his assignments for the leading illustrated magazines of his day, establishing a key link between his pre- and postwar work. Brandt’s crowning artistic achievement, developed primarily between 1945 and 1961, is a series of nudes that are both personal and universal, sensual and strange, collectively exemplifying the "sense of wonder" that is paramount in his photographs. This exhibition is the first to emphasize the beauty of Brandt’s finest prints, and to trace the arc of their evolution.
Ellsworth Kelly: Chatham Series
May 25 - September 8, 2013
In celebration of Ellsworth Kelly’s 90th birthday in May 2013, The Museum of Modern Art presents an exhibition of the first series of paintings the artist made after leaving New York City for Spencertown, in upstate New York, in 1970. The studio he rented in the nearby town of Chatham, in a building that had once been a theater, was more spacious than any he had previously occupied. After working there for a year, Kelly embarked on a series of 14 paintings that would become the Chatham Series. The series has not been exhibited in its entirety since it was presented at the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, Buffalo, in 1972, just a year after the paintings were finished.
Advice for Visitors
- Don't miss live music in the Sculpture Garden, Thursdays in July & Aug, 6:30-7:30pm. Also, Summergarden presents free Sunday evening concerts in the Sculpture Garden, Sundays (July 8-29), 7-10pm.
- Plan your visit with the MoMA iPhone app. Download for free at moma.org/iphoneapp.
- Fridays 4-8pm are free to the public and may be more crowded. Mondays-Thursdays after 3:30pm are the least crowded.
- Enjoy a free visit to the MoMA PS1 if visited within 30 days of MoMA.
- Film screenings at MoMA are included in the cost of your ticket. Details including schedule.
- The Sculpture Garden is closed to visitors in inclement weather.
- Learn more about visiting MoMA with a family.
- The free MoMA iPhone App is a great way to enhance and plan for your visit.
- Receive $10 off any Membership when you present your CityPASS ticket at Member Services in the main lobby.
- Get $10 off a purchase of $50 or more at MoMA Design Store locations in New York City. See booklet for details.
Dining: The Modern, a fine-dining restaurant; Café 2, Terrace 5.
Accessibility: All galleries and facilities are wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs available in checkroom free of charge.
Self-Guide: MoMA Audios and MoMA.guide Digital Kiosks included with CityPASS admission. Gallery Talks held daily at 11:30am and 1:30pm.
Gift Shop: Every purchase from a MoMA Store supports The Museum of Modern Art.
Strollers: Permitted at all times, but not on escalators.
Photography: Still photography for personal use is permitted in collection galleries only. No flash or tripods.
Cellular Phones: Not permitted in museum galleries.
Subway: E or M to 5th Ave./53rd St. B, D or F to 47th-50th streets/Rockefeller Center.
Bus: M1, M2, M3, M4, M5 to 53rd St.
CitySights NY Double Decker bus stop: #3 Downtown Tour; #26 Uptown Treasures & Harlem Tour.
Groups of 10 or more: Call (212) 708-9685; Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MoMA group entry procedure: To expedite service, do NOT pre-pull MoMA tickets from the CityPASS booklets. Ask group members to NOT arrive with backpacks.
Plan Your Visit to New York City - Use our collection of New York attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
Skip most ticket lines
with your CityPASS
Perfect for a weekend
or up to nine days
Same Low Price
Buy now or at any CityPASS
attraction for the same low price
Six attraction tickets
in one easy purchase
Buy Nowor at any CityPASS attraction
|Adult ages 18+||Enter Qty||
|Youth ages 6–17||Enter Qty||
My husband thought I was a hero for saving him money on our trip to NY, after having to pay for airfare and hotel- We didn't even get to do all the activities and we still came out ahead- I researched several other sites for coupons and this really had everyone beat- would absolutely take advantage of the citypass again!