Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
MoMA (The Museum of Modern Art)
MoMA´s renowned collection of modern and contemporary art includes Vincent van Gogh´s The Starry Night and Andy Warhol´s Gold Marilyn Monroe, along with works by Jackson Pollock, Jasper Johns, and many other great artists of our time. The Museum´s collection also showcases photography, film, architecture, design, media, and performance art, and offers shopping and fine and casual dining options. Shop at the MoMA Stores with the discount coupon in your CityPASS booklet.
General admission to MoMA’s world-renowned collections that include famous works by Vincent van Gogh and Claude Monet plus entry into all special exhibitions and an audio tour. Also, MoMA PS1 Contemporary Art Center admission if visited within 30 days of MoMA.
11 West 53rd St.
Between 5th and 6th Avenues
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. For seasonal extended hours, visit moma.org.
- "The greatest collection of modern art in the world" — The New York Times
- Highlights include Claude Monet’s Water Lilies, Vincent van Gogh’s The Starry Night, Pablo Picasso’s Les Demoiselles d’Avignon, Henri Matisse’s Dance (I), and Andy Warhol’s Campbell’s Soup Cans.
- CityPASS admission includes a visit to MoMA PS1 within 30 days of visiting MoMA.
- Featuring commentary by curators, artists and critics, MoMA audio guides are free with museum admission.
CityPASS booklet holders go directly to the entrance of the galleries inside the museum lobby, and present back of booklet to be scanned. Present CityPASS voucher at the information desk located at the back of the lobby to skip the main ticket line. Follow the signs that direct you there.
Special Exhibits Included with CityPASS
All special exhibitions are included with CityPASS.
Robert Heinecken: Object
Open through September 7, 2014
This is the first retrospective of the groundbreaking work of Robert Heinecken since his death in 2006. Heinecken dedicated his life to making art and teaching, establishing the photography program at UCLA in 1964 and serving as a professor there until 1991. This exhibition gathers over 150 works from throughout the artist’s remarkable career, many of them never seen before in New York—including the largest display to date of his altered magazines, which were the backbone of his art.
Advice for Visitors
- Don't miss live music in the Sculpture Garden, Thursdays in July & Aug, 6:30-7:30pm. Also, Summergarden presents free Sunday evening concerts in the Sculpture Garden, Sundays (July 8-29), 7-10pm.
- Featuring commentary by curators, artists, and critics, MoMA Audio+ guides are free with museum admission (photo ID required).
- Fridays 4-8pm are free to the public and may be more crowded. Mondays-Thursdays after 3:30pm are the least crowded.
- Your ticket to MoMA includes admission to MoMA PS1 if visited within 30 days of MoMA. PS1 is MoMA’s contemporary art affiliate located in Queens, NY, and is just two subway stops from MoMA. Visit the information desk in MoMA’s main lobby for details.
- Film screenings at MoMA are included in the cost of your ticket. Details including schedule.
- The Sculpture Garden is closed to visitors in inclement weather.
- Learn more about visiting MoMA with a family.
- The free MoMA iPhone App is a great way to enhance and plan for your visit.
- Receive $10 off any Membership when you present your CityPASS ticket at Member Services in the main lobby.
- Get $10 off a purchase of $50 or more at MoMA Design Store locations in New York City. See booklet for details.
Dining: The Modern, a fine-dining restaurant; Café 2, Terrace 5.
Accessibility: All galleries and facilities are wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs available in checkroom free of charge.
Self-Guide: MoMA Audios and MoMA.guide Digital Kiosks included with CityPASS admission. Gallery Talks held daily at 11:30am and 1:30pm.
Gift Shop: Shop at the MoMA Stores in midtown, SoHo, and inside the Museum. Every purchase from a MoMA Store supports The Museum of Modern Art.
Strollers: Permitted at all times, but not on escalators.
Photography: Still photography for personal use is permitted in collection galleries only. No flash or tripods.
Cellular Phones: Not permitted in museum galleries.
Subway: E or M to 5th Ave./53rd St. B, D or F to 47th-50th streets/Rockefeller Center.
Bus: M1, M2, M3, M4, M5 to 53rd St.
CitySights NY Double Decker bus stop: #3 Downtown Tour; #26 Uptown Treasures & Harlem Tour.
Groups of 10 or more: Call (212) 708-9685; Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MoMA group entry procedure: To expedite service, do NOT pre-pull MoMA tickets from the CityPASS booklets. Ask group members to NOT arrive with backpacks.
Plan Your Visit to New York City - Use our collection of New York tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating New York attractions.
Top 4 reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 40%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
New York CityPASS
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
New York CityPASS
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Extra Value Coupons
Happy travelers since 1997