New York CityPASS » MoMA (The Museum of Modern Art)
MoMA (The Museum of Modern Art)
MoMA’s renowned collection includes Vincent van Gogh’s The Starry Night (1889) and Claude Monet’s Water Lilies (1914–26), along with recent works by the greatest artists of our time. The museum also maintains an active schedule of extraordinary exhibitions. Shop at the MoMA Design and Book stores. Enjoy the elegant restaurant and cafés with spectacular views of the Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Sculpture Garden.
11 West 53rd St.
Between 5th and 6th Avenues
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. For seasonal extended hours, visit moma.org.
General admission to MoMA’s world-renowned collections that include famous works by Vincent van Gogh and Claude Monet plus entry into all special exhibitions and an audio tour. Also, MoMA PS1 Contemporary Art Center admission if visited within 30 days of MoMA.
- "The greatest collection of modern art in the world" — The New York Times
- Highlights include Claude Monet’s Water Lilies, Vincent van Gogh’s The Starry Night, Pablo Picasso’s Les Demoiselles d’Avignon, Henri Matisse’s Dance (I), and Andy Warhol’s Campbell’s Soup Cans.
- CityPASS admission includes a visit to MoMA PS1 within 30 days of visiting MoMA.
- Featuring commentary by curators, artists and critics, MoMA audio guides are free with museum admission.
CityPASS booklet holders go directly to the entrance of the galleries inside the museum lobby, and present back of booklet to be scanned. Present CityPASS voucher at the information desk located at the back of the lobby to skip the main ticket line. Follow the signs that direct you there.
Special Exhibits Included with CityPASS
All special exhibitions are included with CityPASS.
New Photography 2013
Through January 6, 2014
New Photography 2013 presents recent works by eight international artists who have expanded the field of photography as a medium of experimentation and intellectual inquiry. Their porous practices—grounded in photographic artist’s books, sculpture, photomontage, performance, and science—creatively reassess the themes and processes of making pictures today.
American Modern: Hopper to O'Keeffe
Through January 26, 2014
Drawn from MoMA’s collection, American Modern takes a fresh look at the Museum’s holdings of American art made between 1915 and 1950, and considers the cultural preoccupations of a rapidly changing American society in the first half of the 20th century. Including paintings, drawings, prints, photographs, and sculptures, American Modern brings together some of the Museum’s most celebrated masterworks, contextualizing them across mediums and amid lesser-seen but revelatory works by artists who expressed compelling emotional and visual tendencies of the time.
Advice for Visitors
- Don't miss live music in the Sculpture Garden, Thursdays in July & Aug, 6:30-7:30pm. Also, Summergarden presents free Sunday evening concerts in the Sculpture Garden, Sundays (July 8-29), 7-10pm.
- Plan your visit with the MoMA iPhone app. Download for free at moma.org/iphoneapp.
- Fridays 4-8pm are free to the public and may be more crowded. Mondays-Thursdays after 3:30pm are the least crowded.
- Enjoy a free visit to the MoMA PS1 if visited within 30 days of MoMA.
- Film screenings at MoMA are included in the cost of your ticket. Details including schedule.
- The Sculpture Garden is closed to visitors in inclement weather.
- Learn more about visiting MoMA with a family.
- The free MoMA iPhone App is a great way to enhance and plan for your visit.
- Receive $10 off any Membership when you present your CityPASS ticket at Member Services in the main lobby.
- Get $10 off a purchase of $50 or more at MoMA Design Store locations in New York City. See booklet for details.
Dining: The Modern, a fine-dining restaurant; Café 2, Terrace 5.
Accessibility: All galleries and facilities are wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs available in checkroom free of charge.
Self-Guide: MoMA Audios and MoMA.guide Digital Kiosks included with CityPASS admission. Gallery Talks held daily at 11:30am and 1:30pm.
Gift Shop: Every purchase from a MoMA Store supports The Museum of Modern Art.
Strollers: Permitted at all times, but not on escalators.
Photography: Still photography for personal use is permitted in collection galleries only. No flash or tripods.
Cellular Phones: Not permitted in museum galleries.
Subway: E or M to 5th Ave./53rd St. B, D or F to 47th-50th streets/Rockefeller Center.
Bus: M1, M2, M3, M4, M5 to 53rd St.
CitySights NY Double Decker bus stop: #3 Downtown Tour; #26 Uptown Treasures & Harlem Tour.
Groups of 10 or more: Call (212) 708-9685; Email email@example.com.
MoMA group entry procedure: To expedite service, do NOT pre-pull MoMA tickets from the CityPASS booklets. Ask group members to NOT arrive with backpacks.
Plan Your Visit to New York City - Use our collection of New York attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating New York attractions.
Same low price
Buy now or at any CityPASS
attraction for the same low price
Take your time
Valid for 9 days from first use
Skip ticket lines
Save time with easy access
at most attractions
Buy Nowor at any CityPASS attraction
|Adult ages 18+||Enter Qty||
|Youth ages 6–17||Enter Qty||
See The Savings
How you save 43%
Dec 15 - Feb 28, 2014
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
New York CityPASS
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
New York CityPASS
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997