Enter One of Our Giveaways
Don’t miss your chance to win! Learn more.
Subscribe to Our Blog
Recent New York Posts
- Solo Travel to New York for the Holidays
- Take a Break! You Should Use Your Vacation Time & Here's Why
- Boston vs New York: How Does Each City Stack Up?
- A View from the Top - What Can You See from North America’s Tallest Buildings?
- Brewin’ U.S.A.: The Nation’s Best Brewery Tours by Region
Posts By City
- New York
- San Francisco
- Southern California
- Tampa Bay
Traveling with a Teen in NYC
This was originally posted on TravelingMamas.com, and written by ROLLINGMAMA.
Longing for some uninterrupted time with our only child, my husband and I agreed that we needed a family vacation.
Bribing is not necessarily the best parenting practice. However, the opportunities to travel with our insanely busy college-age son, Weston, are dwindling. So we made him an offer he couldn’t refuse–an all expense-paid trip to New York City.
After consulting all our calendars, the dates were set and nonrefundable airline tickets were purchased.
Choosing New York City was a no-brainer. All of us have been several times so no one would feel compelled to play the frenzied tourist. Instead, we envisioned a more leisurely trip–dining in Little Italy, strolling through Central Park, watching Broadway shows, and exploring museums.