Enter One of Our Giveaways
Don’t miss your chance to win! Learn more.
Subscribe to Our Blog
Recent New York Posts
- New York and San Francisco: Great Honeymoon and Babymoon Destinations
- Solo Travel to New York for the Holidays
- Take a Break! You Should Use Your Vacation Time & Here's Why
- Boston vs New York: How Does Each City Stack Up?
- A View from the Top - What Can You See from North America’s Tallest Buildings?
Posts By City
- New York
- San Francisco
- Southern California
- Tampa Bay
High fashion at Met Gala kicks off new exhibit
Opening Thursday, the Met's Spring 2012 Costume Institute exhibition, Schiaparelli and Prada: Impossible Conversations, explores the striking affinities between Elsa Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada, two Italian designers from different eras, who never met.
Inspired by Miguel Covarrubias's "Impossible Interviews" for Vanity Fair in the 1930s, the exhibition features orchestrated conversations between these iconic women to suggest new readings of their most innovative work. Iconic ensembles will be presented with videos of simulated conversations between Schiaparelli and Prada directed by Baz Luhrmann, focusing on how both women explore similar themes in their work through very different approaches.
Last night, in a star-studded gala and 'the' fashion event of the year, the Costume Institute Benefit celebrated the opening of the exhibition at the Met Gala 2012. For a complete red carpet review of the Met Gala, visit Elements of Style.