Save 47% on admission to the top 5 Houston attractions with CityPASS.
- Find tranquility in the Cullen Sculpture Garden, an oasis of art and nature showcasing masterworks of 20th- and 21st-century sculpture by artists including Henri Matisse and Auguste Rodin.
- View exquisite objects created in the Near East, Egypt, Greece and the Roman Empire.
- Get a lively overview of the story of art in the United States from the 19th and early 20th centuries in the American art galleries.
- Explore the museum’s Contemporary art collection that ranges across five continents and reflects today’s global culture.
- Introduce art to the whole family with free family activities in the galleries every Sunday afternoon.
MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS, HOUSTON
1001 Bissonnet Street, Museum District
Houston, TX 77005
Closed Mondays (except federal holidays), Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
Specially ticketed exhibitions: Some specially ticketed exhibitions, events and films may require an additional fee.
Discount: Get 10% off in the MFAH gift shop. See booklet for details.
Advice for Visitors
- Free family activities in the galleries are available every Sunday afternoon.
- Thursdays are free to the public and may be more crowded.
- When visiting MFAH, you can re-enter any part of the museum buildings the entire day of purchase. Just show your admission sticker.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: MFA Café
- Gift Shops: MFAH Shop
Accessibility: All public galleries are accessible to wheelchair users and other visitors who cannot use stairs. Wheelchairs available on a first-come, first-served basis for all museum locations. Call for details, (713) 639-7300.
Best Time to Visit: Tuesdays and Wednesdays are often less crowded than weekends and Thursdays, when the Museum offers free general admission.