Save 43% on admission to the top 4 Boston attractions with CityPASS.
- Get a magical look at a Carribean coral reef in the Giant Ocean Tank, with more than 3,000 carefully sculpted coral elements and more than 1,000 animals, including Myrtle, a 550-pound green sea turtle who has been living at the Aquarium for more than 40 years.
- Gently stroke cownose rays, Atlantic rays and epaulette sharks as they swim gracefully through the crystal clear water of the Trust Family Foundation Shark and Ray Touch Tank. See the only two species of seadragons in the world in the seadragon exhibit.
- Don’t miss the bustling penguin colony, home to three species of penguins and over 80 individual penguins in all.
- Dive deep into the Science of Sharks with the newest exhibit at the New England Aquarium. Get up close to some small but mighty shark species from around the world. Hands-on activities illuminate the remarkable adaptations that give them an edge in the water, while the shark and ray touch tank lets you see — and feel! — these adaptations in action.
NEW ENGLAND AQUARIUM
1 Central Wharf
Boston, MA 02110
Off Atlantic Avenue, near Faneuil Hall Marketplace
Extended summer hours; visit website for current hours.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Simons IMAX® Theatre: Upgrade to an IMAX® combo ticket for $5.
Whale Watch Cruise: April-October only. Additional cost required for CityPASS holders; check prices.
Discount: 10% off a purchase of $25 or more at the Gift Shop. See booklet for details.
Advice for Visitors
- Pick up a daily schedule when you arrive for feeding times, presentations, IMAX movie times and must-see exhibit information.
- Dining: An open-air restaurant (summer only), Harbor View Café
- Gift Shop: Aquarium Gift Shop
Best time to visit: Visitors are encouraged to arrive at opening time to avoid crowds.
Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible. Accessible elevators, restrooms, and ramps; wheelchair IMAX seating; hearing and visually impaired services, see details. Handicap parking available in Harbor Garage. Drop-off space at Aquarium Plaza.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.