Save 45% on admission to the top 4 Boston attractions with CityPASS.
Boston CityPASS attractions are reopening!
View the latest attraction schedule updates and visitor safety measures.
Advance reservations are required at some attractions; visit the CityPASS Travel Guide to learn more.
If you'd like to be notified when the majority of attractions have reopened, please sign up here.
- Get a magical look at a Caribbean coral reef in the Giant Ocean Tank, with more than 3,000 carefully sculpted coral elements and more than 1,000 animals, including Myrtle, a 550-pound green sea turtle who has been living at the Aquarium for more than 40 years.
- Gently stroke cownose rays, Atlantic rays and epaulette sharks as they swim gracefully through the crystal clear water of the Trust Family Foundation Shark and Ray Touch Tank (will be closed September 3 to October 24). See the only two species of seadragons in the world in the seadragon exhibit.
- Dozens of penguins populate our rockhopper and African penguin colonies. Watch them hop, dive, and fly through the water.
- View brilliantly colored tropical fish darting and swimming across the lush seascape of our 9,000-gallon, floor-to-ceiling Indo-Pacific coral reef habitat. This immersive and captivating exhibit accentuates the dazzling colors of the ocean and helps visitors learn about these “rainforests of the sea” that are so essential to supporting thousands of species of fish, sea turtles, sharks, and other marine life.
NEW ENGLAND AQUARIUM
1 Central Wharf
Boston, MA 02110
Off Atlantic Avenue, near Faneuil Hall Marketplace
Extended summer hours; visit website for current hours.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Simons IMAX® Theatre: Upgrade to an IMAX® combo ticket for $5.
Whale Watch Cruise: April-October only. Additional cost required for CityPASS holders; check prices.
Discount: 10% off a purchase of $25 or more at the Gift Shop. See booklet or CityPASS Travel Guide for details.
Advice for Visitors
- Pick up a daily schedule when you arrive for feeding times, presentations, IMAX movie times and must-see exhibit information.
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: An open-air restaurant (summer only), Harbor View Café
- Gift Shop: Aquarium Gift Shop
Best time to visit: Visitors are encouraged to arrive at opening time to avoid crowds.
Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible. Accessible elevators, restrooms, and ramps; wheelchair IMAX seating; hearing and visually impaired services, see details. Handicap parking available in Harbor Garage. Drop-off space at Aquarium Plaza.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 10 or more: Call (617) 973-5206 at least 24 hours before arriving at the Aquarium.