Save 47% on admission to the top 4 Boston attractions with CityPASS.
New England Aquarium has limited availability and may be sold out on some days. If you are traveling soon and wish to visit the Aquarium, please check availability here before purchasing.
Boston attractions are operating at reduced capacity and may be sold out or require a wait for the next available entry. We recommend making attraction reservations as soon as possible to ensure you can reserve your preferred time; visit the CityPASS Travel Guide for more details.
- Get a magical look at a Caribbean coral reef in the Giant Ocean Tank, with more than 3,000 carefully sculpted coral elements and more than 1,000 animals, including Myrtle, a 550-pound green sea turtle who has been living at the Aquarium for more than 40 years.
- Dozens of penguins populate our rockhopper and African penguin colonies. Watch them hop, dive, and fly through the water.
- View brilliantly colored tropical fish darting and swimming across the lush seascape of our 9,000-gallon, floor-to-ceiling Indo-Pacific coral reef habitat. This immersive and captivating exhibit accentuates the dazzling colors of the ocean and helps visitors learn about these “rainforests of the sea” that are so essential to supporting thousands of species of fish, sea turtles, sharks, and other marine life.
- See the northern fur seals and California sea lions frolic and play in the New Balance Foundation Marine Mammal Center.
NEW ENGLAND AQUARIUM
1 Central Wharf
Boston, MA 02110
Off Atlantic Avenue, near Faneuil Hall Marketplace
Spring and Summer: Sat-Thu, 9am–6pm; Fri, 10am–8pm
Fall and Winter: Mon-Thu, 10am–5pm; Fri, 10am–8pm; Sat-Sun, 9am–6pm
Visit website to confirm current hours.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
10% off Your Purchase: Get 10% off your purchase of $25 or more at the Gift Shop.
Simons Theatre Giant Screen: Upgrade to a combo ticket for $5 and enjoy a giant screen experience. See current schedule.
Whale Watch Cruise: April-October only. Additional cost required for CityPASS holders; see details.
Advice for Visitors
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Gift Shop: Aquarium Gift Shop
- The New England Aquarium has safety protocols in place to ensure a safe environment for its guests and staff; learn more on the Aquarium's website.
Best time to visit: Visitors are encouraged to arrive at opening time to avoid crowds.
Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible. Accessible elevators, restrooms, and ramps; wheelchair Simons Theatre seating; hearing and visually impaired services, see details. Handicap parking available in area garages, such as the Harbor Garage. Drop-off space at Aquarium Plaza.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 10 or more: Call (617) 973-5206 at least 24 hours before arriving at the Aquarium.