Save 47% on admission to the top 4 Boston attractions with CityPASS.
New England Aquarium has limited availability and may be sold out on some days. If you are traveling soon and wish to visit the Aquarium, please check availability here before purchasing.
Boston attractions are operating at reduced capacity and may be sold out or require a wait for the next available entry. We recommend making attraction reservations as soon as possible to ensure you can reserve your preferred time; visit the CityPASS Travel Guide for more details.
- See Masai giraffes graze the wide expanse of the Giraffe Savannah.
- Enjoy a little slice of Australia—the land down under! Say “G’day Mate!” to kangaroos and emus on the Outback Trail. Don't forget to listen for the kookaburras, with their distinct call resembling human laughter.
- Experience the majesty of the king of the jungle, the African lion, in several distinct ways: climb into a “crashed” land rover and come nose-to-nose with a lion sniffing around the hood of your car; exchange glances with these magnificent beasts through a glass at a ranger station, or peek at them from across a moat as they soak up the sun.
- Listen to the hooting, cooing and whistling of the Bird's World exhibit, home to dozens of species of birds from around the globe, including tawny frogmouths, sunbitterns, Gouldian finches, and other indigenous birds from swamplands, scrublands and wetlands.
- Enter the rarefied world of the rainforest, where dozens of free-flight birds swoop through lush greenery and rushing waterfalls in a habitat home to home to a wide range of animals, including ring-tailed lemurs, Baird’s tapirs, pygmy hippos, ocelots, and our western lowland gorillas—observed up close and personal at five glass viewing stations.
- At Nature's Neighborhoods, watch red pandas as they climb and explore within their exhibit, enjoy a stroll through the walk-through aviary, and observe the flurry of activity within the always-active prairie dog exhibit.
FRANKLIN PARK ZOO
1 Franklin Park Rd
Boston, MA 02121, USA
Apr 1-Sep 30: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm; Sat-Sun 9am-6pm
Oct 1-Mar 31: Mon-Sun 9am-4pm
Last entry time: Winter, 2:30pm; Summer, 3:30pm
Closed Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
May close or close early for special events; visit website for current hours.
Behind the Scenes Tour: Meet some amazing animals and have your questions answered by experienced Zoo educators on a Behind-the-Scenes Tour, available for an additional fee starting at $150 (book at least two weeks in advance). Ask for details at admission booth.
10% off Your Purchase: 10% off a purchase of $25 of more at the Franklin Park Zoo Gift Shop.
Advice for Visitors
- Dining: Giddy-Up Grill, Kalahari Kitchen (seasonal), outdoor picnic locations available
- Gift Shop: Things Wild Gift Shop
- Franklin Park Zoo has safety protocols in place to ensure a safe environment for its guests and staff; learn more on the Zoo's website.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Accessibility: Click here for information on accessiblity.