Save 40% on admission to the top 5 Atlanta attractions with CityPASS.
- Get an overload of inspiration when you meet the only twin giant pandas in the U.S., Ya Lun and Xi Lun. Zoo Atlanta is one of four zoos in the U.S. to house this rare species.
- See one of the largest populations of great apes in the U.S., including gorillas and orangutans.
- Visit tanuki year-round; Zoo Atlanta is the only accredited zoo in the U.S. to house this species.
- Explore one of the nation’s most renowned populations of reptiles and amphibians at Scaly Slimy Spectacular: The Amphibian and Reptile Experience – including one of the world’s rarest lizard species, the Guatemalan beaded lizard.
- Meet a keeper or watch training in action at keeper talks and training demos.
800 Cherokee Ave., SE
Atlanta, GA 30315
Open daily, 9:30am-5:30pm
Ticket booths close at 4:30pm.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
(404) 624-WILD (9453)
All-Day Rides Wristband: Take a spin on the carousel, hop on the Zoo Train, and climb to new heights on the rock wall and Safari Slide with an All-Day Rides Wristband. Regular price is $9, but use the coupon in your booklet to save $1. Wristbands can be purchased at the front gates or the rides ticket booth.
Treetop Trail presented by Kaiser Permanente aerial playground: Experience the Zoo from the perspective of our planet’s amazing animal tree-dwellers! Zig, zag, climb, walk, and balance as you navigate a series of rope ladders, bridges, nets and tightrope-style foot lines on a two-level challenge. Find details here. Cost for CityPASS holders: $13.95.
Advice for Visitors
- Check a zoo map for scheduled keeper talks, feedings, free-flight bird show, or training demonstrations. Some are weather dependent.
- Outside food and drinks are allowed in with the exception of glass, alcohol or straws; straws are not permitted for the safety of the animals.
- Don’t hesitate to talk to Zoo volunteers, docents or staff. They’re happy to provide information and tips.
- Zoo Atlanta has partnered with the Atlanta Checker Cab Company to offer free cab rides from participating hotels to the Zoo (and from the Zoo back to the hotel); see details.
- Dining: Wild Planet Café, Grill Shack, Willie B's, Flamingo Joe's
- Gift Shops: Zoo Atlanta Tading Company, Pandamonium
Best time to visit: Many of the Zoo’s animals are more active – and visible – in the morning or during scheduled feedings.
Accessibility: Wheelchairs available for rent. Service animals allowed.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.