Save 45% on admission to the top 5 Atlanta attractions with CityPASS.
- Get an overload of inspiration when you meet the only twin giant pandas in the U.S., Ya Lun and Xi Lun. Zoo Atlanta is one of four zoos in the U.S. to house this rare species.
- See one of the largest populations of great apes in the U.S., including gorillas and orangutans.
- Visit tanuki year-round; Zoo Atlanta is the only accredited zoo in the U.S. to house this species.
- Explore one of the nation’s most renowned populations of reptiles and amphibians at Scaly Slimy Spectacular: The Amphibian and Reptile Experience – including one of the world’s rarest lizard species, the Guatemalan beaded lizard.
- Meet a keeper or watch training in action at keeper talks and training demos.
- Experience the immersive landscape that brings one of Earth’s most legendary wild places to Atlanta: the African Savanna, with updated and significantly expanded habitats for African elephants, giraffes, zebras and more.
800 Cherokee Ave., SE
Atlanta, GA 30315
Daily, 9am-5pm (last entry 3:30pm)
Ticket booths close at 3:30pm weekdays and 4:30pm weekends.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
Treetop Trail Aerial Playground: Experience the Zoo from above on series of rope ladders, bridges, nets and tightrope-style foot lines on two levels. Find details here. Cost for CityPASS guests: $14.95.
$1 off an All-Day Rides Wristband: Get unlimited rides on all attractions (carousel, Zoo train, slide and rock wall). Purchase wristband at front gate or rides ticket booth inside park.
Advice for Visitors
- Check a zoo map for scheduled keeper talks, feedings, free-flight bird show, or training demonstrations. Some are weather dependent.
- Outside food and drinks are allowed in with the exception of glass, alcohol or straws; straws are not permitted for the safety of the animals.
- Don’t hesitate to talk to Zoo volunteers, docents or staff. They’re happy to provide information and tips.
- Zoo Atlanta has partnered with the Atlanta Checker Cab Company to offer free cab rides from participating hotels to the Zoo (and from the Zoo back to the hotel); see details.
- Dining: Nourish Café, Flamingo Joe’s
- Gift Shops: Zoo Atlanta Tading Company, Pandamonium
Best time to visit: Many of the Zoo’s animals are more active – and visible – in the morning or during scheduled feedings.
Accessibility: Wheelchairs available for rent. Service animals allowed.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.