Your Guide to an Amazing Adventure at LEGOLAND® California Resort
Whether you’re a devoted fan of the Danish building blocks or you’re just looking for a good time in a creative environment, LEGOLAND® California Resort is not to be missed. Home to over 60 kid-friendly rides and games, and even impromptu character meet ‘n’ greets, this Southern California staple is sure to surprise and delight you at every turn. But pace yourself — you’ve got a lot of fun to indulge in during your visit!
The Most Popular Rides and Attractions at LEGOLAND
With 10 themed sections sprinkled throughout the brightly colored park, LEGOLAND® California easily has enough entertaining rides and attractions to keep you busy for more than a full day. However, whether you’re short on time or just want to make sure you hit all the high notes during your visit, make sure you allow time to experience the following popular attractions:
- Miniland USA: It took 32 million LEGO® bricks to recreate the miniature versions of the iconic New York City skyline, Golden Gate Bridge, Washington, DC, and more that make up the incredibly detailed feats of LEGO artistry.
- Lost Kingdom Ride: Hold onto your hats — it’s going to be a bumpy ride! Laser blaster at your side, you’ll get the opportunity to target everything from skeletons to mummies in this adrenaline-charged race for the treasure of the Lost Kingdom.
- Driving School: Watch out for pint-sized speed racers — this ride puts kids behind the wheel where they’re free to explore the brightly-colored city streets.
- The Knight’s Tournament: Located in Castle Hill, a section of the park where dragons, knights, and princesses are commonplace, The Knight’s Tournament gives you the opportunity to choose the intensity of your wild ride past a looming dragon and over a moat.
- LEGO City Deep Sea Adventure: No need to hold your breath as you dive underwater on this ride — you’ll be ensconced in a real submarine with portholes that look out on an aquatic fantasyland, complete with live sea animals and hidden treasure.
- LEGO NINJAGO® The Ride: It’s up to you to defeat the Great Devourer and earn the coveted ninja status using the shockwaves, lightning bolts, and fireballs at your disposal.
- The LEGO Movie™ 2 Experience: Don’t miss your chance to go behind the scenes to see the real LEGO Models featured in The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part.
While the rides can be exhilarating, if you’re looking to catch your breath and take a break from the excitement, take a peek inside the Model Shop, where new ideas for park LEGO displays are born. You can also strike a pose with a character from LEGO NINJAGO in NINJAGO World.
Can You Stay at LEGOLAND?
If you want to stay close by so you don’t miss any of the action, you can stay at the LEGOLAND Resort Hotel or the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel. Check the Legoland website for availability and pricing information.
Does LEGOLAND California Have a Water Park?
If you visit LEGOLAND during the summer or on a hot day, cool off at the Chima Water Park. Featuring slides and rafts, it’s another family-friendly park attraction.
Can You Buy LEGOLAND Water Park Tickets Only?
If you plan to go to the Chima Water Park, you need to buy a LEGOLAND ticket for Water Park admission. Make sure to check online for the schedule and admission information.
Insider Tips for Visiting LEGOLAND California
If there’s one thing you should know about LEGOLAND California, it’s to arrive as early as you can to beat the crowds. If you can get to the park right as it opens, you’ll be able to minimize your wait time for the most popular rides. It’s also easier to get around the park when it’s not as crowded.
If you’re keen to get inside the park even earlier, LEGOLAND Hotel guests get early access (generally one hour before the gates open to the general public.)
San Diego gets hot in the summer and early fall months. Since you’ll be outside for most of the day, make sure to pack plenty of sunscreen (which can be stored in a locker) and reusable water bottles to fill at the drinking fountains.
Those who visit during late November and December will have the chance to experience the holiday spirit LEGOLAND style, with festive décor and holiday-themed shows. There is even a holiday lights show and a giant 30-foot Christmas tree speckled with LEGO ornaments on display!
LEGOLAND Tickets and Hours
There are a few different ways to buy LEGOLAND California tickets. If you’re looking to purchase tickets directly from LEGO, you can go online to the official LEGO site, or you can buy them at the park.
If you’re keen to save some green, you can also snag savings on LEGOLAND tickets from CityPASS. Admission to top theme parks like Disneyland, Universal Studios Hollywood, Sea World, and more, are included in the Southern California CityPASS at a rate that’s too good to pass up.
Have a Family-Friendly, Fun-Filled Day at LEGOLAND California
LEGOLAND California is the perfect place to take your love of the iconic building bricks to the next level. Thrilling rides, momentous feats of LEGO engineering, and more await you in a park where, when it comes to delighting guests, no detail is too small to be overlooked.
Explore LEGOLAND California for Less With CityPASS
With a Southern California CityPASS, you can get discounted tickets to all of the theme parks on your list, including Universal Studios Hollywood™, SeaWorld® San Diego, Disneyland® Resort and the San Diego Zoo® or Safari Park. Plan the trip of a lifetime for less with CityPASS.
LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, the Minifigure and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2018 The LEGO Group. LEGOLAND and SEA LIFE are a part of Merlin Entertainments plc.
Header Image: © 2016 The LEGO Group