Articles by City & Category
Here's What You Need to Know About the All-New Disney Very Merriest After Hours
September 14, 2021 By Alicia Russo
There's some new holiday magic happening this year at Walt Disney World® Resort, and with fireworks, a full parade, holiday treats, and after-hours access to select attractions, it's the jolliest party of the season you don't want to miss.
Disney Very Merriest After Hours is a bit of a combo of previous Disney holiday events (like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party) and former After Hours events. It'll feature unique holiday-themed entertainment and offerings along with after-hours access to some attractions and rides--meaning you'll spend less time waiting in lines and more time having fun. And, there's another reason this event is extra-special this year... it's taking place during the Walt Disney World® 50th Anniversary Celebration!
Here's some of the festive fun you can expect.
- Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks and the special holiday-themed parade Once Upon a Christmas Time, featuring Santa, Olaf and some of your favorite Disney pals.
- Sightings of Disney characters throughout the park all dressed in their holiday best.
- Club Tinsel, a holiday-themed dance party in Tomorrowland®.
- Magical snow falling all along Main Street, U.S.A.®
- The return of Jingle Cruise and joyful jokes at Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor®.
- Select complimentary snacks like ice cream novelties and popcorn, holiday treats and select beverages.
- Specialty holiday food and drinks will also be available for purchase.
- Holiday magic Disney PhotoPass® throughout the night
After Hours Access
Similar to previous After Hours events, Disney Very Merriest After Hours gives guests access to select attractions with small crowds, so the wait times will be shorter. Over 20 attractions and rides will be available, including Dumbo the Flying Elephant®, Jungle Cruise® attraction, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad® attraction, Haunted Mansion® attraction, Peter Pan's Flight® attraction, Seven Dwarf's Mine Train, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin® attraction, and Space Mountain® attraction.
When and Where
Disney Very Merriest After Hours will take place at Magic Kingdom® Park on select nights from November 8 through December 21. The event starts at 9pm, but special event ticket holders can enter the park at 7pm. Note that while Disney World does require reservations for park visits with regular tickets, reservations are not required for this event, and you don't need to have a regular park admission ticket. Just show up with your special event ticket and you're in.
If this event is anything like Disney World's recent halloween event, Disney After Hours Boo Bash, tickets will go fast, so we recommend getting yours soon if you plan to attend. Orlando CityPASS has tickets available now. Remember, you don't need a reservation OR a regular park admission ticket to attend, but you DO need a Disney Very Merriest After Hours ticket. This isn't just a "merry" celebration—it's the very merriest of them all, so get tickets now if you don't want to miss out!