Articles by City & Category
Get the Most Magical Tricks and Treats this Halloween Season at Disney After Hours Boo Bash
July 29, 2021 By Alicia Russo
It might still feel like summer, but the spooky season is approaching! This fall, after the gates close at Magic Kingdom® Park at Walt Disney World® Resort, boys and ghouls (and their parents, too!) will arrive for a special after-hours event that holds some scary and sweet surprises! Disney After Hours Boo Bash will take place on select nights from August 10 through October 31, and with the parks closed and low wait times for favorite attractions, it's the perfect event for you to swoop in on!
The park will be decked out in Halloween-themed decor, along with music and lighting that will set the not-too-spooky scene (you've never seen Cinderella's castle so ghoulishly aglow!). You'll find plenty of frightfully fun activities and attractions throughout the park, and many of your favorite rides will be open as well.
- Keep your (bloodshot) eyeballs peeled for some of your favorite characters, including Goofy, Chip 'n' Dale, and Foulfellow and Gideon. Look out for Miss Carlotta, Miss Renatta and Broome the Butler at the Haunted Mansion! And don't miss the Cadaver Dans as they make a special comeback (from the dead) appearance.
- Enjoy some bewitching Halloween cavalcades, including Mickey's Happy Halloween Cavalcade, featuring Mickey himself along with Minnie, Pluto and other pals; the Disney Villain Halloween Cavalcade, where you'll spot some sinister villains; Jack's Nightmare Cavalcade, with Jack Skellington along with Sally and Oogie Boogie sharing some tricks and treats; and last but not least, see Maleficent make an appearance in the form of a fire-breathing dragon.
- Get your goody bag ready! With trick-or-treating throughout the park, you can collect some sweetness to offset the spook.
- Many of your favorite attractions will be open--and with a limited number of guests, you'll have lower wait times! Of course, Haunted Mansion is a must-do at a Halloween event, but you'll also experience Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and more.
- All of this fun hocus-pocus is sure to make you work up an appetite. Never fear—there are some special treats cooking up in the cauldron for this event, including the Foolish Mortal Funnel Cake—a funnel cake topped with crumbled oreo, purple vanilla ice cream, caramel drizzle and M&M ghouls mix. Need we say more?
Know Before You Go
Get your costumes ready, but remember, costume-masks can only be worn by guests 13 years of age and under; you can find more costume guidelines here. Also, be sure to check out the latest health and safety guidelines here.
Dates and Times
Boo Bash will take place on select Tuesdays and Fridays in August from 9:30pm-12:30am, and on select Sundays, Tuesdays and Fridays in September and October from 9pm-12am. Note that Boo Bash guests can enter the park as early as 7pm without a day ticket or park reservation.
Tickets are selling fast, so we suggest getting yours ASAP if you don't want to miss a howling, hooting good time. With Orlando CityPASS® tickets you can find discounted tickets for not only Walt Disney World® Resort, but also the other top Orlando theme parks, including Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld® Orlando, and LEGOLAND® Florida Resort. Get your broomstick started and don't miss this extra-special Disney magic!