Save 46% on admission to the top 4 Dallas attractions with CityPASS.
The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza has limited availability. Visit in person in advance of your desired admission time to make a reservation.
Dallas attractions are operating at reduced capacity and may be sold out or require a wait for the next available entry; visit the CityPASS Travel Guide for more details.
- Get ready to explore 106 acres – the Dallas Zoo is the largest zoological park in Texas.
- Go on Safari at the Giants of the Savanna exhibit and enjoy an interactive experience built around the different species of animals that call the savanna home: elephants, giraffes, kudus, zebras, ostriches, lions, warthogs, guinea fowl, and cheetahs. This is the only exhibit in North America where you’ll see giraffes and elephants together!
- Splash in a stream, ride a pony and feed birds at the award-winning Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo, featuring educational and interactive exhibits that connect families with nature.
- Take a tour through the Wilds of Africa on Adventure Safari monorail. The 20-minute, one-mile ride takes guests through the 6 habitats of the exhibit – the first zoo exhibit in the world to include every major habitat of an entire continent.
650 South R L Thornton Freeway
Dallas, TX 75203-3013
Closed Christmas Day.
Check website for current hours.
10% off Your Purchase: Get 10% off your purchase at the Zoofari Market Gift Shop.
Endangered Species Carousel: $4 per rider.
Seasonal Events: Dates and times vary; please check the zoo website for details.
T-rex Express Mini Train: $3 per rider.
Bird Feedings: $2 per seed stick.
Giraffe Feedings: $6 per food bunch.
Advice for Visitors
- Learn more about your favorite Dallas Zoo animals from the zoologists who care for them at the Zoo's daily Keeper Chats! Check the schedule before you visit.
- The Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo features a wading stream, so pack towels and/or a bathing suit for your children. (Swim diapers are required for toddlers.)
- The Nature Exchange in the Lacerte Family Children’s Zoo is a nature trading "store" where kids of all ages can trade natural items they’ve found for a multitude of minerals, fossils, bones, and other natural treasures. The value of the trade item is determined by its rarity and by the amount of information the trader has about it. (Please note: no bird eggs, nests, or feathers are accepted.)
- For everything you need to know to plan your visit, click here.
- Dining: Prime Meridian Café, Serengeti Grill, Bantu BBQ, multiple outdoor snack stops open seasonally.
- Gift Shops: Zoofari Market
- Strollers: Available for rent on a first-come, first-served basis; see details.
- The Dallas Zoo has safety protocols in place to ensure a safe environment for its guests and staff; learn more on the Zoo's website.
Best time to visit: During hot weather, many of the animals are inactive during the afternoon, preferring to hide in shady areas to avoid the sun. Plan on arriving first thing in the morning to enjoy the most animal activity.