Seattle CityPASS » Woodland Park Zoo
Woodland Park Zoo
Discover the world of gorillas, elephants, lions, birds and more at a top award-winning zoo. See Humboldt penguins "fly" underwater in a state-of-the-art exhibit. Go eye-to-eye with orangutans in an open forest canopy. Explore Zoomazium’s nature play space. Smell the roses in a glorious Rose Garden. And enjoy squealing Asian small-clawed otters coming in 2013! Minutes from downtown.
South Entrance address:
Open daily 9:30am
Closing times vary seasonally.
Zoo closes at 3pm on July 12, 2013, for zoo fundraiser.
Closed Christmas Day.
General admission to the 92-acre award-winning zoo. Ticket valid for general admission only and is not valid with other promotions or offers; seasonal exhibits may require an additional fee.
- The Zoo is home to more than 1,000 animal ambassadors, representing 300 species across the globe.
- See the world’s first sustainable penguin exhibit, using geothermal technology to cool and heat the water.
- Naturalistic habitats take you from Alaska's tundra (Northern Trail) to Australia & New Zealand to South America & Africa.
- The Temperate Forest, African Savanna and Tropical Rain Forest host a vast assortment of amazing animals.
- Zoomazium’s nature play space is perfect for kids.
- Immerse yourself in the desert coast of Peru with the state-of-the-art Humboldt penguin exhibit.
- Additional facilities include Rose Garden and Rain Forest Food Pavilion.
Present CityPASS booklet at the main entry point to skip the main ticket line. Exchange voucher for a CityPASS at any admission ticket window.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Historic Carousel: Cost for CityPASS holders: $2 per ride.
Feed the Penguins: Offered daily (Nov-Apr). Cost for CityPASS holders: $5 (children 2 and under, free).
Feed the Birds at Willawong Station: Seedsticks available weekends, holidays and school holidays; $1 each.
Feed the Giraffes: Offered twice daily (May-September, weather dependent). Cost for CityPASS holders: $5 (children 2 and under, free).
Feed the Elephants: Offered daily (May-September). Cost for CityPASS holders: $5 (children 2 and under, free).
Advice for Visitors
- The least crowded time to visit is weekday afternoons after 1pm.
- The Woodland Park Zoo iPhone or Android App, $0.99, is a great way to enhance your Zoo experience; details and download.
Parking: Lots at each entrance; $5.25 per day (pay at parking kiosk machines).
Dining: Rain Forest Food Pavilion, Pacific Blue Chowder House; multiple snack shacks.
Accessibility: Fully accessible. Non-electric wheelchairs available at south entrance, $10.
Gift Shop: ZooStore (south and west entrances), 9:30am-closing, daily.
Strollers: Available for rent at south and west entrance visitor assistance: single strollers, $6; double strollers, $8; wagons, $9.
Metro Transit: Take the #5 bus from downtown directly to the zoo.
Groups of 20 or more: Call (206) 548-2500; Email email@example.com.
Plan Your Visit to Seattle - Use our collection of Seattle attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Seattle attractions.
Same low price
Buy now or at any CityPASS
attraction for the same low price
Take your time
Valid for 9 days from first use
Skip ticket lines
Save time with easy access
at most attractions
Buy Nowor at any CityPASS attraction
|Adult ages 13+||Enter Qty||
|Child ages 4–12||Enter Qty||
See The Savings
How you save 44%
Dec 15 - Feb 28, 2014
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997