Save 47% on admission to the top 5 Seattle attractions with CityPASS.
- See the world’s first sustainable penguin exhibit, using geothermal technology to cool and heat the water.
- Visit naturalistic habitats that take you from Alaska's tundra (Northern Trail) to Australia & New Zealand to South America & Africa.
- Meet a vast assortment of amazing animals at The Temperate Forest, African Savanna and Tropical Rain Forest.
- Immerse yourself in the desert coast of Peru with the state-of-the-art Humboldt penguin exhibit.
- Don't miss the state-of-the-art Banyan Wilds exhibit, home to tigers and sloth bears!
WOODLAND PARK ZOO
South Entrance address:
750 N. 50th Street
Seattle, WA 98103
GPS/West Entrance address:
5500 Phinney Ave. N
Seattle, WA 98103
Open daily 9:30am
Closing times vary seasonally.
Zoo closes at 3pm on July 14, 2017 for zoo fundraiser.
Closed Christmas Day.
Historic Carousel: Cost for CityPASS holders: $2 per ride.
Feed the Penguins: Offered daily (Oct-April). Cost for CityPASS holders: $5 (children 2 and under, free).
Feed the Birds at Willawong Station: Seedsticks available weekends, holidays and school holidays; $1 each.
Feed the Giraffes: Offered twice daily (May-September, weather dependent). Cost for CityPASS holders: $5 (children 2 and under, free).
Advice for Visitors
- The free Woodland Park Zoo iPhone or Android App is a great way to enhance your Zoo experience; details and download.
- Dining: Rain Forest Food Pavilion, Pacific Blue Chowder House, multiple snack shacks.
- Gift Shops: ZooStore (south and west entrances)
- Strollers: Available for rent at south and west entrance visitor assistance: single strollers, $8; double strollers, $10; wagons, $11.
Best time to visit: The least-crowded time to visit is weekday afternoons after 1pm.
Accessibility: Fully accessible. Non-electric wheelchairs available at south entrance, $10.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.
Groups: Groups of 20 or more: Call (206) 548-2500; Email email@example.com.