Seattle CityPASS » EMP Museum
Explore some of the most significant moments in rock music, science fiction, and popular culture in EMP Museum’s colorful Frank Gehry designed building! Get your Hendrix fix, play an instrument or jam with friends, and tour exciting interactive exhibits. Special exhibitions include: Icons of Science Fiction, The Art of Video Games, Women Who Rock, and a brand new Fantasy exhibit. Plus much, much more!
325 5th Avenue N.
At Seattle Center, near Space Needle
Summer (May 24-Sep 2): Open daily, 10am-7pm
Winter (Sep 3-May 23): Open daily 10am-5pm
Special holiday hours apply; see details.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
General admission to EMP Museum at Seattle Center located just steps from the Space Needle. Explore some of the most significant moments in rock music, science fiction, and popular culture.
- EMP is a leading-edge, nonprofit museum, dedicated to the ideas and risk-taking that fuel contemporary popular culture.
- Hear My Train a Comin': Hendrix Hits London celebrates the 70th birthday of the iconic Jimi Hendrix by inviting viewers to discover how Hendrix achieved prominence across the pond.
- Be a star at Go On Stage, a virtual concert experience where you’re under the bright lights, in front of screaming fans.
- Watch music performances and light shows on the world's largest indoor video screen.
- Explore the spectrum of cinematic horror in Can't Look Away: The Lure of Horror Film.
- Iconic sci-fi artifacts on display include an Imperial Dalek from Doctor Who, the Star Trek command chair, and Neo's coat from The Matrix Reloaded.
Present CityPASS booklet at the admission desk to obtain an admission receipt or to any gallery entry to obtain a museum sticker. Exchange vouchers for a CityPASS booklet at the main admissions desk.
Special Exhibits Included with CityPASS
Nirvana: Taking Punk to the Masses
EMP is proud to present the world's most extensive exhibition of memorabilia celebrating the music and history of Seattle grunge luminaries, Nirvana. The exhibit features rare and unseen artifacts and photography from the band, their crews and families.
Worn to be Wild: The Black Leather Jacket
Through May 20, 2013
Harley-Davidson Museum® in partnership with EMP Museum present a dynamic exhibit that traces the path of the leather motorcycle jacket from functional garment to universally recognized symbol of cool rebellion. Dozens of garments and related artifacts such as iconic Harley-Davidson motorcycles will be on display, from early military jackets, famous Hollywood costumes, and leather jackets worn by stars like Elvis Presley, to haute couture by Jean Paul Gaultier and Gianni Versace.
Advice for Visitors
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Food, beverage and flash photography are not permitted in the galleries.
- Complimentary coat check is available.
Parking: On-street parking and Seattle Center lots nearby. For more information, visit Seattle Center transportation website or call (206) 233-3989.
Dining: Pop Kitchen & Bar
Accessibility: Fully accessible to disabilities; on monorail line.
Gift Shop: EMP Museum Store
Checkroom: Complimentary guest bag and coat check.
Metro Transit: EMP is served by many Metro bus routes including 3,4, and 16 with frequent connection to downtown and surrounding areas. Also very accessible by Monorail.
Groups of 15 or more: Call (206) 770-2766.
Plan Your Visit to Seattle - Use our collection of Seattle attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
Skip most ticket lines
with your CityPASS
Perfect for a weekend
or up to nine days
Same Low Price
Buy now or at any CityPASS
attraction for the same low price
Six attraction tickets
in one easy purchase
Buy Nowor at any CityPASS attraction
|Adult ages 13+||Enter Qty||
|Child ages 4–12||Enter Qty||
We were able to use the coupons in three days without feeling rushed. In addition to saving over 50% on all the tickets, it was great to by pass the lines when getting in. Will definitely look at purchasing City Passes for other cities.