Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
Experience the power of pop culture in EMP Museum’s colorful Frank Gehry-designed building! Hands-on experiences, iconic artifacts, and award-winning exhibitions featuring luminaries in the fields of music, literature, television, video games, and film make EMP a destination unlike any other.
General admission to EMP Museum at Seattle Center located just steps from the Space Needle. Explore some of the most significant moments in rock music, science fiction, and popular culture.
325 5th Avenue N.
At Seattle Center, near Space Needle
Summer (May 22-Sep 7, 2015): Open daily, 10am-7pm
Winter (through May 21, 2015): Open daily 10am-5pm
Seasonal hours may apply; see details.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
- EMP is a leading-edge, nonprofit museum, dedicated to the ideas and risk-taking that fuel contemporary popular culture.
- Watch music performances and light shows in Sky Church, featuring a mammoth 60’ HD LED screen.
- Explore the tools of rock'n'roll in Sound Lab, where you can play instruments, jam out with friends in soundproof rooms, and record your own song.
- Travel to a pixelated world of wonder and play in Indie Game Revolution, and get the whole family in on the fun by playing one of our twenty featured single and multiplayer games.
- Trace the historical development of the signature instrument of rock ‘n’ roll in Guitar Gallery: The Quest for Volume, presenting 55 vintage, world-changing guitars from the 1770s to the present.
- View an original manuscript page from Game of Thrones in Fantasy: Worlds of Myth and Magic, the Vince Lombardi Trophy in We Are 12: The Seattle Seahawks and the Road to Victory, Jimi Hendrix’s hand-painted smashed guitar from his performance at London’s Saville Theatre in Hear My Train a Comin’: Hendrix Hits London, the alien creature suit from Alien in Can’t Look Away: The Lure of Horror Film, and the world’s most extensive exhibition of memorabilia from grunge luminaries Nirvana in Nirvana: Taking Punk to the Masses, and Klingon robes from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine in Infinite Worlds of Science Fiction.
Present CityPASS booklet at the admission desk to obtain an admission receipt or to any gallery entry to obtain a museum sticker. Exchange vouchers for a CityPASS booklet at the main admissions desk.
Special Exhibits Included with CityPASS
Spectacle: The Music Video
The first museum exhibition to celebrate the art and history of the music video through sight and sound. Step into super-sized cinematic productions of today such as Steriogram’s Walkie Talkie Man directed by Michel Gondry, the crowdsourced Johnny Cash Project, and a special section dedicated to Seattle’s own Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Rebel, Jedi, Princess, Queen: Star Wars™ and the Power of Costume: January 31-October 4, 2015. Explore the trials and triumphs in dressing the Star Wars™ universe in this special behind-the-scenes look at the costumes that shaped the identities of the most iconic characters of our time. Presenting nearly 60 hand-crafted costumes from the first six blockbuster Star Wars films, the exhibition uncovers the intricate design processes that brought these visions to reality.
Note: Admission to Rebel, Jedi, Princess, Queen: Star Wars™ and the Power of Costume is not included with general admission. CityPASS pass holders may purchase timed tickets to this special exhibition onsite for $8 upon arrival. Please have your CityPASS booklet with you as proof of admission ticket purchase. Admission times are subject to availability.
Advice for Visitors
- Conveniently located at the Seattle Center alongside several other attractions including the Space Needle and Pacific Science Center.
- EMP is easily accessible by many bus routes, or hop on the historic Seattle Center Monorail, which departs every 10 minutes from Westlake Center downtown and from Seattle Center.
- Parking is convenient with a lot adjacent to the museum, and a multi-level covered garage across the street on 5th Avenue.
- Check out Jimi Hendrix performance videos and more all day in JBL Theater.
- Get $5 off purchases of over $35 at EMP stores, plus a free set of limited edition EMP guitar picks; see coupon in booklet.
Parking: On-street parking and Seattle Center lots nearby. For more information, visit Seattle Center transportation website or call (206) 233-3989.
Dining: POP Kitchen + Bar
Accessibility: Fully accessible to disabilities; on monorail line.
Gift Shop: EMP Stores
Checkroom: Complimentary guest bag and coat check.
Metro Transit: EMP is served by many Metro bus routes including 3,4, and 16 with frequent connections to downtown and surrounding areas. Also very accessible by Monorail.
Groups of 15 or more: Call (206) 770-2766.
Plan Your Visit to Seattle - Use our collection of Seattle tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Seattle attractions.
Top 4 reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 46%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997