Seattle CityPASS » EMP Museum
Explore some of the most significant moments in rock music, science fiction, and popular culture in EMP Museum’s colorful Frank Gehry designed building! Get your Hendrix fix, play an instrument or jam with friends, and tour exciting interactive exhibits. Special exhibitions include: Fantasy: World of Myth and Magic; Nirvana: Taking Punk to the Masses; and Icons of Science Fiction. Plus much, much more!
325 5th Avenue N.
At Seattle Center, near Space Needle
Summer (May 24-Sep 2): Open daily, 10am-7pm
Winter (Sep 3-May 23): Open daily 10am-5pm
Special holiday hours apply; see details.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
General admission to EMP Museum at Seattle Center located just steps from the Space Needle. Explore some of the most significant moments in rock music, science fiction, and popular culture.
- EMP is a leading-edge, nonprofit museum, dedicated to the ideas and risk-taking that fuel contemporary popular culture.
- Fantasy: Worlds of Myth and Magic gives you the chance to experience hands-on installations that include world building, mapmaking, and a life-sized animatronic dragon; gaze upon legendary artifacts from literature, video games, and comics; and see celebrated costumes from TV and the silver screen including The Princess Bride, The Wizard of Oz, Xena: Warrior Princess, and Labyrinth.
- Be a star at On Stage, a virtual concert experience where you’re under the bright lights, in front of screaming fans.
- Watch music performances and light shows in Sky Church, featuring a mammoth HD LED screen.
- Explore the spectrum of cinematic horror in Can't Look Away: The Lure of Horror Film.
- Iconic sci-fi artifacts on display include an Imperial Dalek from Doctor Who, the Star Trek command chair, and Neo's coat from The Matrix Reloaded.
Present CityPASS booklet at the admission desk to obtain an admission receipt or to any gallery entry to obtain a museum sticker. Exchange vouchers for a CityPASS booklet at the main admissions desk.
Special Exhibits Included with CityPASS
Nirvana: Taking Punk to the Masses
EMP is proud to present the world's most extensive exhibition of memorabilia celebrating the music and history of Seattle grunge luminaries, Nirvana. The exhibit features rare and unseen artifacts and photography from the band, their crews and families.
Hear My Train a Comin’: Hendrix Hits London
Featuring lyrics, personal instruments, original photographs, outrageous outfits, and rare concert footage, Hear My Train a Comin': Hendrix Hits London invites viewers to discover how Hendrix achieved prominence across the pond.
Martin Schoeller: Close Up
Through February 16, 2014
Martin Schoeller’s large-scale photographic headshots place some of the most recognizable faces from the world of rock, cinema, the sports field, and the political podium alongside American teens and tribesmen from Tanzania and the Amazon. By placing nearly 50 of his hyper-detailed subjects on the same level, Schoeller underscores the human connection between us all.
Advice for Visitors
- Conveniently located at the Seattle Center alongside several other attractions including the Space Needle and Pacific Science Center.
- EMP is easily accessible by many bus routes, or hop on the historic Seattle Center Monorail, which departs every 10 minutes from Westlake Center downtown and from Seattle Center.
- Parking is convenient with a lot adjacent to the museum, and a multi-level covered garage across the street on 5th Avenue.
- Check out Jimi Hendrix performance videos and more all day in JBL Theater.
- Enhance your museum experience by purchasing an Audio Guide at the ticketing desk on your way in.
Parking: On-street parking and Seattle Center lots nearby. For more information, visit Seattle Center transportation website or call (206) 233-3989.
Dining: POP Kitchen + Bar
Accessibility: Fully accessible to disabilities; on monorail line.
Gift Shop: EMP Stores
Checkroom: Complimentary guest bag and coat check.
Metro Transit: EMP is served by many Metro bus routes including 3,4, and 16 with frequent connection to downtown and surrounding areas. Also very accessible by Monorail.
Groups of 15 or more: Call (206) 770-2766.
Plan Your Visit to Seattle - Use our collection of Seattle attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Seattle attractions.
Same low price
Buy now or at any CityPASS
attraction for the same low price
Take your time
Valid for 9 days from first use
Skip ticket lines
Save time with easy access
at most attractions
Buy Nowor at any CityPASS attraction
|Adult ages 13+||Enter Qty||
|Child ages 4–12||Enter Qty||
See The Savings
How you save 44%
Dec 15 - Feb 28, 2014
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997