Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
Monterey Bay Aquarium
Rated the #1 aquarium in the world by TripAdvisor, Cannery Row’s famous aquarium showcases the wildlife and habitats of the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary. You’ll discover an alien world of kelp forests, granite reefs and the open sea filled with sharks, sea otters, penguins, octopuses, jellies and countless other creatures.
General admission to one of the world's finest aquariums, including nearly 200 galleries and exhibits.
886 Cannery Row
Follow signs to public parking
Hours vary by season; see details.
Closed Christmas Day.
- The sea otters are back! These playful icons of California’s shoreline and the Aquarium’s most popular residents are still exploring their newly renovated two-story exhibit.
- Journey to the world of undersea magicians, masters of disguise and quick-change artists in our newest exhibit Tentacles: The Astounding Lives of Octopuses, Squid and Cuttlefishes. You won’t believe your eyes.
- See The Jellies Experience, a far-out world where jellies dance, glow, bloom and sting. You’ll be amazed by the grace, beauty and stunning variety of these remarkable drifters.
- Discover a towering underwater forest — at 28 feet, the Kelp Forest is one of the tallest aquarium exhibits in the world. You’ll get a diver’s-eye view of sardines, leopard sharks, wolf-eels and a host of other fishes as they weave through swaying fronds of kelp.
- Watch as diverse ocean creatures such as hammerhead sharks, sea turtles, tunas, huge schools of sardines, ocean sunfish and other open-water dwellers swim past the 90-foot long window of the Aquarium’s largest exhibit, the million-gallon Open Sea.
- Dine at Cannery Row’s newest eatery, Cindy’s Waterfront. The Aquarium’s dining experience overlooks the bay and offers the sustainable, farm-to-table cuisine of noted Napa Chef Cindy Pawlcyn.
- Receive a 100% Recycled Tote FREE with the purchase of $25 or more in the gift and bookstores; see coupon in booklet.
Present booklet at main ticketing area. Present voucher at Main Entrance and staff will direct you to an exchange location.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Add an Adventure or Tour: Visit the Membership and Tours desk for all available tours and adventures; see details.
Advice for Visitors
- Less-visited times are in the fall and winter months other than during holidays. At other times of the year, you'll find fewer visitors between 2pm and 6pm. During the peak summer months, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are the best days to visit.
- Wireless internet is available at the Aquarium free of charge. For more information, visit the information desk.
- The Otter Spotter Station is subject to weather and other factors; check with a staff member when you arrive to learn out about the different opportunities available on the day of your visit.
- Get the most out of your visit with the Aquarium's free iPhone app. Learn about the animals and exhibits, see the schedule of programs and feeding shows, and share professional photos of animals and exhibits with your family and friends; see details.
Parking: There are several pay parking garages nearby, as well as limited metered parking on surrounding streets; see details.
Dining: Cindy’s Waterfront is Cannery Row's newest eatery, with views of the bay and the sustainable, farm-to-table cuisine of noted Napa Chef Cindy Pawlcyn.
Accessibility: All areas are accessible by the lift or elevators throughout the facility. Wheelchairs are available free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis at the information desk inside the main entrance. See more.
Gift Shop: There are four different gift and bookstores within the aquarium.
Photography: Photography for personal use only is permitted. Look for signs restricting flash photography as it can harm some animals.
Strollers: Strollers are permitted throughout the Aquarium, except in the aviary and on the mezzanine of the sea otter exhibit.
Driving Directions: Monterey is approximately 125 miles (208 km) south of San Francisco. From San Francisco, take US-101 S to exit 336 (CA-156 W) toward Monterey Peninsula. Merge onto CA-1 S. Take exit 402B to merge onto Del Monte Ave toward Pacific Grove. Continue through tunnel onto Lighthouse Ave. Stay right onto Foam St. Park at city garage (Foam and Prescott) or continue and turn right onto David Ave. Monterey Bay Aquarium will be straight ahead.
Plan Your Visit to San Francisco - Use our collection of San Francisco tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating San Francisco attractions.
Top 4 reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 44%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Learn how to add Alcatraz to
your San Francisco CityPASS
Watch a video
See what you get with
San Francisco CityPASS
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
San Francisco CityPASS
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997