Save 44% on admission to the top San Francisco attractions plus city-wide transportation with CityPASS.
- Discover an underwater forest—at 28 feet, the Kelp Forest is one of the tallest aquarium exhibits in the world. You'll get a diver's-eye view of sardines, leopard sharks, wolf-eels and a host of other fishes as they weave through swaying fronds of kelp, just like they do in the wild.
- Watch as diverse ocean creatures such as hammerhead sharks, sea turtles, tunas, huge schools of sardines, ocean sunfish and other open-water dwellers swim past the 90-foot long window of the Aquarium’s largest exhibit, the million-gallon Open Sea.
- Journey to the world of undersea magicians, masters of disguise and quick-change artists in Tentacles: The Astounding Lives of Octopuses, Squid and Cuttlefishes. You won’t believe your eyes.
- Enjoy the antics of the popluar southern sea otters as they romp, tumble and wrestle like their brethren in the bay.
- Explore the waters of Monterey Bay Habitats, where sharks and sturgeon glide through the deep reef, 200-pound giant sea bass lumber among the wharf pilings and flatfish nestle in the sandy seafloor.
MONTEREY BAY AQUARIUM
886 Cannery Row
Monterey, CA, 93940
Follow signs to public parking
Hours vary by season; see website for details.
Closed Christmas Day.
Add an Adventure or Tour: Visit the Membership and Tours desk for all available tours and adventures; see details.
Advice for Visitors
- The Otter Spotter Station is subject to weather and other factors; check with a staff member when you arrive to learn out about the different opportunities available on the day of your visit.
- Get the most out of your visit with the Aquarium's free iPhone app. Learn about the animals and exhibits, see the schedule of programs and feeding shows, and share professional photos of animals and exhibits with your family and friends; see details.
- Wireless internet is available at the Aquarium free of charge. For more information, visit the information desk.
- Dining: Cindy’s Waterfront
- Gift Shops: There are four different gift and bookstores within the aquarium.
Best time to visit: Less-visited times are in the fall and winter months other than during holidays. At other times of the year, you'll find fewer visitors between 2pm and 6pm. During the peak summer months, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are the best days to visit.
Accessibility: All areas are accessible by the lift or elevators throughout the facility. Wheelchairs are available free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis at the information desk inside the main entrance. See more.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.