Save 50% on admission to the top San Francisco attractions plus unlimited cable car rides with CityPASS.
- See the whole city and access all the San Francisco CityPASS attractions using Muni.
- Make your way around San Francisco on Muni’s diverse fleet of historic streetcars, world famous cable cars, modern light rail vehicles, diesel buses, alternative fuel vehicles, and electric trolley coaches.
- Watch the Cable Car gripmen in action as they navigate the city streets.
7-DAY CABLE CAR AND MUNI BUS PASSPORT
Market & Powell
Beach & Hyde
Bay & Taylor
SFMTA Customer Service Center:
11 S. Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94103
Cable Cars: approx. 6am-1am
Streetcars (F line): approx. 5am-1am
Most other Muni routes follow similar hours; some operate 24 hours.
Muni operates 365 days a year; see website for details.
Candlestick Ballpark Express: An additional $8 per person by showing validated CityPASS when boarding. Cash only; exact amount required.
Advice for Visitors
- Without CityPASS, a single one-way cable car ride costs $7 (Muni bus: $2.25).
- Vouchers must be exchanged for a booklet prior to riding the cable cars. Please plan ahead; if arriving with a voucher after normal exchange point hours, you'll have to wait until morning to exchange it for a CityPASS booklet.
- You can exchange your voucher at the Bay and Taylor Kiosk and the Hyde and Beach Kiosk; hours vary seasonally, so please check before arriving. No other MUNI locations or vehicles are able to exchange vouchers for booklets.
- You can exchange your voucher at either of the San Francisco Visitor Information Centers. The Macy's San Francisco Visitor Information Center is open from 10am-9pm Monday-Friday and 11am-7pm Sunday and is a great option if you arrive after attraction hours and want to exchange your voucher for a booklet so that you can use MUNI.
- Avoid the long line at the Powell and Market cable car turn-around by boarding at stops at least four blocks above the turnaround.
- The California Street cable car line is least crowded and easiest to board.
- The Muni 7-Day Passport does not include BART.
- The SFMTA Customer Service Center is located at 11 S. Van Ness Avenue at Market. You can Dial 311 — or (415) 701-2311 if outside SF — for access to 24/7 visitor service information.
- See route maps & schedules.
Accessibility: Streetcars and Muni busses are 100% wheelchair accessible. Historic Cable Cars are not wheelchair accessible. Some folding chairs or mobility devices may be accommodated; step climbing is required to board.