Save 50% on admission to the top San Francisco attractions plus unlimited cable car rides with CityPASS.
- Stroll through 300 feet of crystal clear tunnels for a scuba diver's view of over 20,000 marine animals from San Francisco Bay and nearby waters.
- Feel the unique sensations of touching sharks, rays and sea stars in the touch pools of Touch the Bay.
- Walk through the Near Shore exhibit tunnel to catch a view of a giant Pacific octopus — one of the smartest marine animals in San Francisco Bay.
- Explore the distinctive ecosystems that support an incredibly wide variety of marine life in Discover the Bay.
- Take advantage of animal feedings, movies and presentations by the Aquarium’s interpretive naturalists to enhance your visit.
AQUARIUM OF THE BAY
The Embarcadero and Beach Street
San Francisco, CA, 94133
Summer (May 25-Sep 2): Open daily, 9am-8pm
Winter: Mon-Thu, 10am-6pm; Fri-Sun, 10am-7pm
Closed Christmas Day
Behind-the-Scenes Tour: Cost for CityPASS holders: $10.
Advice for Visitors
- See the world-famous sea lions seasonally at PIER 39's K-Dock.
- Visit the Events Calendar prior to your visit to learn special presentation and feeding times on your travel dates.
- Aquarium of the Bay does not validate parking at the PIER 39 Garage, but many PIER 39 restaurants do.
- Make a day of it; your aquarium ticket provides return privileges throughout the day. Come in the morning, leave for a waterfront stroll, then return for bat ray or shark feeding time.
- Gift Shops: 2 retail stores
Best time to visit: Mornings are the least-crowded.
Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.