Choose delivery during checkout: Email voucher or ship ticket booklets. ?
Aquarium of the Bay
See eye-to-eye with sharks. Be mesmerized by jellies. Explore giant tunnels, surrounded by 20,000 marine animals. Discover San Francisco Bay through hands-on science.
General admission to the only aquarium dedicated to the animals native to the San Francisco Bay. Includes underwater glass tunnels and touch pools.
Summer (May 25-Sep 2): Open daily, 9am-8pm
Winter: Mon-Thu, 10am-6pm; Fri-Sun, 10am-7pm
Closed Christmas Day
- Discover the Bay features distinctive ecosystems that support an incredibly wide variety of marine life.
- Stroll through 300 feet of crystal clear tunnels for a scuba diver's view of over 20,000 marine animals from San Francisco Bay and nearby waters.
- Walk through the Near Shore exhibit tunnel to catch a view of a giant Pacific octopus — one of the smartest marine animals in San Francisco Bay.
- The magic of San Francisco Bay is literally at your finger tips in Touch the Bay, featuring touch pools with sharks, rays and sea stars, and the interactive Bay Lab station.
- Take advantage of animal feedings, movies and presentations by the Aquarium’s interpretive naturalists to enhance your visit.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at main entrance.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Behind-the-Scenes Tour: Cost for CityPASS holders: $10.
Advice for Visitors
- Mornings are the least-crowded.
- Visit the Events Calendar prior to your visit to learn special presentation and feeding times on your travel dates.
- Aquarium of the Bay does not validate parking at the PIER 39 Garage, but many PIER 39 restaurants do.
- See the world-famous sea lions seasonally at PIER 39's K-Dock.
- Make a day of it; your aquarium ticket provides return privileges throughout the day. Come in the morning, leave for a waterfront stroll, then return for bat ray or shark feeding time.
Parking: The PIER 39 Garage is open 24/7.
Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible.
Gift Shop: 2 retail stores
Muni: Lines F and 39 stop at PIER 39. Lines 8X, 8Bx and 47 stop two blocks away.
Plan Your Visit to San Francisco - Use our collection of San Francisco tourist attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating San Francisco attractions.
Top 4 reasons you'll love CityPASS
See The Savings
How you save 44%
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Learn how to add Alcatraz to
your San Francisco CityPASS
Watch a video
See what you get with
San Francisco CityPASS
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
San Francisco CityPASS
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997