San Francisco CityPASS » Aquarium of the Bay
Aquarium of the Bay
See eye-to-eye with sharks. Be mesmerized by jellies. Explore giant tunnels, surrounded by 20,000 marine animals. Discover San Francisco Bay through hands-on science and 3D films.
Summer (May 25-Sep 2): Open daily, 9am-8pm
Winter: Mon-Thu, 10am-6pm; Fri-Sun, 10am-7pm
Closed Christmas Day
General admission to the only aquarium dedicated to the animals native to the San Francisco Bay. Includes underwater glass tunnels and touch pools and a 3D film.
- Discover the Bay features distinctive ecosystems that support an incredibly wide variety of marine life.
- Stroll through 300 feet of crystal clear tunnels for a scuba diver's view or over 20,000 marine animals from San Francisco Bay and nearby waters.
- Walk through the Near Shore exhibit tunnel to catch a view of a giant Pacific octopus — one of the smartest marine animals in San Francisco Bay.
- The magic of San Francisco Bay is literally at your finger tips in Touch the Bay, featuring touch pools with sharks, rays and sea stars, and the interactive Bay Lab station.
- Take advantage of animal feedings, movies and presentations by the Aquarium’s interpretive naturalists to enhance your visit.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at main entrance.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Behind-the-Scenes Tour: Cost for CityPASS holders: $10.
Advice for Visitors
- Mornings are the least-crowded.
- Visit the Events Calendar prior to your visit to learn special presentation and feeding times on your travel dates.
- Aquarium of the Bay does not validate parking at the PIER 39 Garage, but many PIER 39 restaurants do.
- See the world-famous sea lions seasonally at PIER 39's K-Dock.
- Make a day of it; your aquarium ticket provides return privileges throughout the day. Come in the morning, leave for a waterfront stroll, then return for bat ray or shark feeding time.
Parking: The PIER 39 Garage is open 24/7.
Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible.
Gift Shop: 2 retail stores
Muni: The F line, 8x, 39 bus lines go within a block of PIER 39. The line 47 stops two blocks away.
Plan Your Visit to San Francisco - Use our collection of San Francisco attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
Skip most ticket lines
with your CityPASS
Perfect for a weekend
or up to nine days
Same Low Price
Buy now or at any CityPASS
attraction for the same low price
Four attraction tickets plus
transportation in one easy purchase