Save 47% on admission to the top 5 Philadelphia attractions with CityPASS.
- See animals on the move like never before with the Zoo360 animal exploration trails, a network of see-through mesh trails that allows animals to roam around and above Zoo grounds.
- Meander through the naturalistic habitat of First Niagara Big Cat Falls area, a stunning landscape of lush habitats and waterfalls where guests can come face to face with endangered big cats from around the world.
- Explore the 1.5 acres of rocky outcroppings and winding trails at Carnivore Kingdom, and keep your eyes peeled for meat-eating animals that may be lurking inches away.
- Watch as turtles, snakes and lizards enjoy the great outdoors in the Reptile Exercise Yard.
3400 West Girard Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Fairmount Park, at 34th Street and Girard Avenue. On I-76, exit 342. In Philadelphia's historic Centennial District
Open daily, 9:30am-5pm
Winter (Nov-Feb): Open daily, 9:30am-4pm
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
6abc Zooballoon: Soar 400 ft above the zoo to see stunning views of Fairmount Park. Cost for CityPASS holders: ages 2+, $10 weekdays/$15 weekends.
Amazon Rainforest Carousel: Cost for CityPASS holders: ages 2+, $3.
PZ Express Train: Cost for CityPASS holders: ages 2+, $3
Camel, draft horse and pony rides: Cost for CityPASS holders: ages 2+, $6
Swan Boats: Cost for CityPASS holders: ages 2+, $6
Advice for Visitors
- Some exhibits are available April through October only.
- Don't miss free zookeeper talks and training demonstrations; meeting times and locations found on the zoo map; see details.
- Throughout the year, the zoo hosts special public events, included with CityPASS admission; see details.
- Dining: Indoor and outdoor food concessions. Guest allowed to bring own food and drink. Outdoor picnic areas.
- Gift Shops: multiple
Best time to visit: Arrive before 2pm to see the widest variety of animals.
Accessibility: First-come, first-served manual wheelchairs (main entrance). Some buildings and exhibit areas are not accessible.
Parking/Transportation: Click here for information on parking, transportation and directions.