Philadelphia CityPASS » Philadelphia Zoo
America’s first zoo is one of the region’s leading family attractions, featuring nearly 1,300 animals from around the world. Discover award-winning First Niagara Big Cat Falls, home to lions, tigers, leopards and pumas. Marvel at our orangutan family inside PECO Primate Reserve and walk through the tropical rainforest fly-way of McNeil Avian Center, showcasing rare and endangered birds.
3400 West Girard Avenue
Fairmount Park, at 34th Street and Girard Avenue. On I-76, exit 342. In Philadelphia's historic Centennial District
Open daily, 9:30am‑5pm
Winter (Nov-Feb): Open daily, 9:30am‑4pm
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
General admission to all of the habitats and animal houses at America’s first zoo, including the PECO Primate Reserve and Big Cat Falls.
- America’s first zoo is home to more than 1,300 rare and endangered animals from around the world.
- At this 43-acre Victorian garden packed with diverse award-winning animal habitats, visitors will see primates, reptiles, 100 spectacular birds species, bears, animals of the African plains and more.
- The lush landscape of First Niagara Big Cat Falls is home to leopards, pumas, lions, tigers and a jaguar.
- Carnivore Kingdom, a 1.5 acre habitat of rocky outcroppings and winding trails, includes diverse animals such as Canada Lynx, dwarf mongoose, black-throated monitor, red panda and one of just a few pairs of endangered giant otters in North American zoos.
Present CityPASS booklet or voucher at the main box office.
Upgrades for CityPASS Holders
Channel 6 Zooballoon: Soar 400 ft above the zoo to see stunning views of Fairmount Park. Cost for CityPASS holders: ages 2+, $10 weekdays/$15 weekends.
Amazon Rainforest Carousel: Cost for CityPASS holders: ages 2+, $3.
PZ Express Train: Cost for CityPASS holders: ages 2+, $3
Camel, draft horse and pony rides: Cost for CityPASS holders: ages 2+, $6
Swan Boats: Cost for CityPASS holders: ages 2+, $6
Advice for Visitors
- Some exhibits available April through October only.
- Arrive before 2pm to see the widest variety of animals.
- Don't miss free zookeeper talks and training demonstrations; meeting times and locations found on the zoo map; see details.
- Throughout the year, the zoo hosts special public events, included with CityPASS admission; see details.
Parking: Zoo lot, $15. Additional parking along Girard Ave. and 34th St.
Dining: Indoor and outdoor food concessions. Guest allowed to bring own food and drink. Outdoor picnic areas. No alcohol allowed.
Accessibility: First-come, first-served manual wheelchairs (main entrance). Some buildings and exhibit areas are not accessible.
Self-Guide: Maps and guides available. Docent tour reservations, (215) 243-5235 (two-week advance notice required).
Gift Shops: multiple
Strollers: First-come, first-served strollers at main entrance. Some buildings and exhibit areas are not stroller accessible.
Public Transportation: SEPTA via trolley 15 and the nearby bus; for SEPTA schedules and info, (215) 580-7800.
Trolley Tour & Big Bus: Stop 11 (all-day ticket is included with CityPASS).
Plan Your Visit to Philadelphia - Use our collection of Philadelphia attraction and city resources - including transportation and attraction information, maps, forums and more - to better plan your CityPASS trip.
CityPASS can be purchased online or at any of our participating Philadelphia attractions.
Same low price
Buy now or at any CityPASS
attraction for the same low price
Take your time
Valid for 9 days from first use
Skip ticket lines
Save time with easy access
at most attractions
Buy Nowor at any CityPASS attraction
|Adult ages 13+||Enter Qty||
|Child ages 2–12||Enter Qty||
See The Savings
How you save 44%
Dec 15 - Feb 28, 2014
Plan your visit
Useful details to help
prepare you for your trip
Watch a video
See what you get with
View a booklet
Take a look inside a
Travel with us
Access us from the road
on your mobile device
Happy travelers since 1997